Icing Cupcakes Flat

Baking By janieltilda Updated 22 Sep 2010 , 11:44pm by elegantwedding

janieltilda Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know the best method to use when icing cupcakes in order to get a flat layer of icing, flush with the liner without going all over the liner? I understand I'd need to bake the cupcakes shorter so there's room for the frosting, but how do people do it without getting icing all over the liner?

Here's a link to a picture where you can see the bottom layer of frosting is completely level with the top of the liner: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cleverlittlecupcakes/4998120855/in/pool-2[email protected]/

Any suggestions?

3 replies
Kitagrl Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 4

I'd probably use a smallish round tip (maybe a 10-12?) and pipe it in there and then use a small spatula to smooth across.

shanney54 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:41pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

I'd probably use a smallish round tip (maybe a 10-12?) and pipe it in there and then use a small spatula to smooth across.

That's a good idea Kitagirl! I made some cupcakes a few months ago and did the flat icing, a little different than in the pic though, and had the hardest time doing it!!! I'll have to try this next time! icon_biggrin.gif

elegantwedding Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 11:44pm
post #4 of 4

I'm not good at baking I just know how to cook on fire..but I love the cupcakes they are so delicious.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%