Girly Noah's Ark

Decorating By shanney54 Updated 11 Dec 2014 , 2:26am by mely

shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 5:41pm
post #1 of 10

My best friend's baby shower is in a couple of months but I want to start getting ideas for her cake. At first she kept thinking that she was gonna have a boy, so she wanted a noah's ark cake. Well, when she had her sonogram they told her that she's having a girl. She keep changing her mind on the cake, but I think that she still wants a noah's ark cake if I could make it more girly. Could someone help me come up with something to make it more girly? I did a search online but only found one pic that I liked. I want to make it mine and her own, any ideas? Here's the pic I found: http://www.flickr.com/photos/melycakes/2777316360/in/faves-shanney54/

TIA!!! icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
TheMightyQuinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheMightyQuinn Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 2:16am
post #2 of 10

ok I don't have any visuals for you but,

maybe make the boat itself a soft pink with a darker pink roof? Maybe attach a little banner to the arc that says "the animals all came in 2's to celebrate the new baby girl specially made for/by you!"

ok that was cheesy but ya know what I mean lol.

good luck!

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 2:45am
post #3 of 10

I just did a Noah's Ark Cake this weekend! And it was totally fun (the pic is uploaded).

I would say do a lighter brown for the wood, and do the roof of the ark in a nice dark pink. I would also use fun, pastel colours for the animals - pinks, greens and yellows.

Depending on how big you need the cake to be, you can also have the ark resting on a pink cake as well.

I hope that helps!!! icon_smile.gif

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 2:58am
post #5 of 10

THe picture that you posted the url for is really cute. I also think that the idea the other girl had was a cute one and similiar. I usually start out with one idea and and then once I've started, I start getting all kinds of ideas and the cake becomes my own and the person I was making it for by following the ideas that came to me as I was working. Does that make sense? I hope so. Good luck. maybe you can post us a picture when you get it done to let us see how it turned out.

Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 3:00am
post #6 of 10

I did a Noahs Ark cake not to long ago, pics in my gallery, but I did the baby floating in a life preserver beside the boat, you could do something like that with the baby being a girl. Also, I've done a cake with blue toned animals for a boy (also in gallery), you could do something like that with pink animals.

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 8:56pm
post #7 of 10

Oh, I think a Noah's Ark cake in girly colors would be lovely! You could also put some strategically places flowers, or maybe put some little ribbons & bows around a few of the animals' necks.

shanney54 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanney54 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:51am
post #8 of 10

Thank you for all of the suggestions and pictures!!! I really appreciate it (y'all are so nice icon_biggrin.gif)!!!!

cakeythings1961 - I really like that idea, it's so simple don't know why I didn't think of that! lol Thank you!

TheMightyQuinn - I don't know about the words on the banner, but she has picked out a name already. Maybe put that on the banner? What do you think?

Bskinne - I think that's a cute idea, too!

I have soo many options to use that I'm gonna have to think about them all! Right now I'm thinking of making the roof pink with some girly animals on the deck. Does that make sense, "girly" animals on a noah's ark cake? Gonna put some flowers on there somewhere. As far as the rest goes I guess I need to talk it over with mommy-to-be! Thank y'all again!!!

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 12:51pm
post #9 of 10

Shanney54, I sure hope you'll post a picture of how it turns out....can't wait to see it!

mely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mely Posted 11 Dec 2014 , 2:26am
post #10 of 10

Hi there!

I actually has posted the cake here in cake central ; http://www.cakecentral.com/g/i/1256357/jasmins-turning-1-and-mommy-requested-a-colorful-noahs-ark-theme-birthday-cake-this-is-how-the-cake-turned-out/u/26287/flat/1

I know it's been years ago but I'd love to know how's the cake turned out? :)

Cheers,

Mely

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%