I Have 50 Cookies To Make For An Order, Should I......?

Lounge By SweetsbyLadawn Updated 23 Sep 2010 , 6:36pm by kansaslaura

SweetsbyLadawn Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 6

Should I Bake and freeze them a head of time. They have to be iced with royal icing. Is that what you do for your orders?

5 replies
sewsugarqueen Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 8:55pm
post #2 of 6

Frozen baked cookies don't taste great when defrosted, alright but often soft. I roll out or cut out dough, lay them on wax paper on tray and freeze it for 30 minutes. Take out the frozen shaped cookies and store in freezer bags in freezer. Then bake day before and frost when cool. I let them sit well for frosting to harden up and then put in boxes.

kansaslaura Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 6

I've never had a problem with cookies turning soft when frozen. Could be the difference in the recipe, I suppose.

SweetsbyLadawn Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 2:13pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you both

leily Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 6:08pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewsugarqueen

Frozen baked cookies don't taste great when defrosted, alright but often soft. I roll out or cut out dough, lay them on wax paper on tray and freeze it for 30 minutes. Take out the frozen shaped cookies and store in freezer bags in freezer. Then bake day before and frost when cool. I let them sit well for frosting to harden up and then put in boxes.

Kansaslaura is right it may have to do with the recipe. I have better luck like sewsugarqueen. I roll out my dough, cut the shapes, freeze and the bake my frozen cookies the day of or day before i want to decorate. I also find that my cookies hold their shape a lot better when baking straight from the freezer, i just add 2-3 minutes onto my bake time.

kansaslaura Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 6

I use the NFSC recipe here on CC. I have even frozen those with a glaze and they're perfect when thawed. Never have a problem with spreading, Best sugar cookie recipe I've ever come across!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%