Cupcake Frosted For A Day Or So - Fridge Or On The Counter?!

Baking By nicholepinz Updated 23 Sep 2010 , 2:43am by Kamstor

nicholepinz Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 12:46pm
post #1 of 3

I have a friend who wants me to make cupcakes for her party on a Saturday afternoon.

Now unfortunately I will not be able to be at this party - as I will be away this weekend. I do not want to disappoint her. So if I bake and frost the cupcakes Fri morn/Fri nite and drop them off to her Fri evening before I go away - which is the best way to store them??

I usually put cupcakes in the dozen plastic cupcake containers. Should I have her fridge them or leave them on the counter?

Any tips for keeping the cake moist???

Thanks for any help!

2 replies
JanH Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 3

Refrigerating or not refrigerating depends on whether the frosting or filling are shelf stable or perishable. icon_smile.gif

If not perishable, storing in a covered box (to prevent dust/fingerprints/condensation) on the counter will be fine.

Kamstor Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 2:43am
post #3 of 3

I am in the same situation as you are. I am doing a friends baby shower that is on Saturday. I will be leaving Friday afternoon. I have already baked my cuppies and made my fondant decorations. Tomorrow is making frosting to frost Friday morning. I store my cuppies since I have 50 of them in a wedding dress box. It is air tight and I have never had any problems leaving them on the counter over night. Good luck with yours, dont worry they will turn out just fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%