Cake Mix?

Decorating By Shepsit Updated 22 Sep 2010 , 1:37pm by Shepsit

Shepsit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shepsit Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 8:40am
post #1 of 14

Can anybody tell me what is a 'cake mix' please? I really want to try WASC recipe in the following link that i heard so much about it in this forum but we don't use cake mixes where I live icon_sad.gif

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2322/white-almond-sour-cream-cake-wasc

What can I do instead of using a cake mix? Please help...

13 replies
Emma37 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shepsit Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:46am
post #4 of 14

Wow! Thank you sooooo much Emma37!

Inorder to prepare the WASC recipe I have to make this cake mix recipe that will be equal to 2 boxes of cake mix. Can you please also tell me whats the measure of 2 boxes of cake mix in the recipe of WASC?

lollyponpon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lollyponpon Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 11:07am
post #5 of 14

oh great question shepsit because I was also really keen to try this, but didn't know if the cake mix i could access would be the same!! Where abouts are you from?? I'm in Aust, you?

Shepsit Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 11:18am
post #6 of 14

I'm from Turkiye (Turkey) lollyponpon.

I hope we can learn the size of the boxes or the amount of their ingredients in the recipe, then we can manage to make our own cake mix, hopefully icon_smile.gif

I never used any cake mix, i think we dont have it in here but even if I can find it, i really don't prefer to use any cake mix, I believe its always better to make it from the scratch and know what u r eating icon_smile.gif

lollyponpon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lollyponpon Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 11:26am
post #7 of 14

ohhh, yes maybe it is a "Western world" type of thing... many of the cake mixes on here we can't get in Aust. We have cake mixes, but lots of them are differnt to the USA and nowhere near as much variety!! even on that note, the advantage of scratch baking is that i can work out a recipe, without the need for a special "base" that i cannot buy icon_sad.gif
anyway, nice to meet u and happy caking!!

Emma37 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 11:34am
post #8 of 14

I have made 1 recipe from the link I gave and it yeilded what I consider one box cake mix. Hope this helps

Shepsit Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 12:09pm
post #9 of 14

Thank you so much Emma37, it was really helpful that you shared that link and your experience with us.

lollyponpon, nice to meet u too, I hope u can find best recipes that works for u, happy caking too icon_smile.gif

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 12:41pm
post #10 of 14

You may also want to look over this thread, it's about a scratch WASC:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=654467&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

HTH

Toni Ann

Shepsit Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 12:46pm
post #11 of 14

Thank you so much Toni, I'm going to read all 22 pages on that thread icon_smile.gif

Shepsit Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 1:16pm
post #12 of 14

Wow Toni! You are also a life saver icon_biggrin.gif
That thread is really helpful, thank you thank you soooo muchhhh...

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shepsit Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 1:37pm
post #14 of 14

Thank you Shaddi.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%