My Iphone Cake Pic..

Decorating By jenscreativity Updated 23 Sep 2010 , 3:50am by jenscreativity

jenscreativity Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 4:42am
post #1 of 4

I noticed a lot of views on my IPHONE cake, but was disappointed nobody really commented. I comment on a lot of ppl's cakes, but with knowing that I thought this was a really cool cake, along with being a new gadget, and the tremendous amount I spent on the icons individually. Is the cake that bad?

Please let me know what I can work on if so..thanks so much

3 replies
bmoser24 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 5:14am
post #2 of 4

I like your cake and concept, but most of all I like your style. You do have a distinctive style, and that might be why not many comments. If you ask for criticism, i'm sure you'll get it - I always heard be careful what you ask for... lol. I know it's hard to evaluate my own cakes. It depends on what i'm comparing my cake to, if you look at iPhones in gallery you'll see what I mean. I always campare me to me. I can see progress in alot of areas, but most of all, I try to identify improvments needed and what is just my style. So when I look at anothers cake, I always look at all thier cakes. Then I can see whats thier style and also see thier growth. Was the couple happy??? That's the feedback you need. Perfect no, style definitely! Good job.

Corrie76 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 6:19am
post #3 of 4

I know it can be frustrating when you've worked so hard on something to not feel "validated". But bmoser is right, what matters most is whether the customer loved the cake.
When it comes to specific designs like an iphone, remember that most people who come and browse this site might be looking for something totally different and in general, the favorite cakes are, in many cases, non-specific designs such as polka dots, flowers, stripes, ribbons etc...
So are you ready for some critique?..... your photography is terrible, and I know this because I also am victim of crappy camera-phone pictures of my cakes. Sometimes the "favorites" thing is as much a photography contest as anything else! So get an awesome camera, find a studio and start photoshopping ASAP! Also, in general, your cakes look a little overdone, some of your designs have just too much going on. It's hard, sometimes, to just set down the bottle of sprinkles, or that extra fondant flower, and just walk away from the cake,but in many cases, it's worth it. The iphone cake overwhelms me with detail...however the couple you made this for are probably iphone fanatics and most likely loved all the intricate insignificant details you created.
I just want you to know that I looked at a lot of your cakes and i can see that you've improved over time and that you continue to gow and develop in your artistry, and really that's what should satisfy you, when all's said and done.

jenscreativity Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 3:50am
post #4 of 4

Thanks both of you for your input..I'm saddened in some ways as I work soo hard into doing these, but all I can do is keep practicing. I have cake orders this weekend due, so I can see how they are. I can only give it my best. Thanks again for looking into my gallery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%