Does Anyone Know Where I Can Buy Bulk Bc? Not Bettercream

Baking By mskavon Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 2:15pm by Babs1964

mskavon Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 1:12am
post #1 of 6

thanks in advance

5 replies
kansaslaura Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 3:23am
post #2 of 6

I've seen posts where some buy it at Sam's Club.

BACI Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 3:56am
post #3 of 6

Yes - I also read about Sam's Club on CC. When I called my local warehouse, I was connected to the bakery & told they needed advance notice/order - believe it was 1 week HTH! :0)

mskavon Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 1:22pm
post #4 of 6

Yeah i buy from Sam's also. It BETTERCREAM, not buttercream. I like it alot tho. It's REALLY affordable also. 28lbs for $30.54

I've never had to order it in advance. Youcan go to the bakery department and tell them that you need a bucket of bettercream and they'll give it to you right away. Don't let them tell you that there's an advance order. You can also purchase colored frostings as well. I bought Black and Red because those are the hardet colors for me to tint.

Someone just told me that all i had to do was add a little meringue powder to the bettercream when i beat it in the mixer. i guess i'lljust do that then icon_smile.gif

leily Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 6

You can purchase bUttercream and bEttercreme from sam's club. They carry both in the large buckets.

As for advance notice, yes sometimes you do have to give them advance notice b/c they use the buckets of icing themselves, depending on the orders they have they will not sell the buckets because they need them to compelte their own orders. Expecially around graduation time.

I don't think you can add meringue powder to the bettercream to get buttercream, they are two different types of icing, so you can't turn the bettercream into buttercream consistency.

Babs1964 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 2:15pm
post #6 of 6

I have also noticed that Costco sells it as well, or at least they do in Canada. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%