Liqeur In Cake Filling

Decorating By robsolano Updated 22 Sep 2010 , 3:33pm by cai0311

robsolano Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 1:05am
post #1 of 3

I have a raspberry filling recipe that calls for raspberry liqeur. My question is, would it be safe for children to eat this cake?

2 replies
sweetde80 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 1:55am
post #2 of 3

my honest opinion a little liquor will not harm anyone. More than likly the recipie is calling for what 1oz of liquor. when you factor that across the cake and divide it its a small amount

cai0311 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 3:33pm
post #3 of 3

I personally don't worry about kids (since it is such a small amount of liquor used) but for people who are recovering alcoholics this could be detrimental. I always let the client know when liquor is used in a recipe. For example, my Irish Creme cake it is expected to have alcohol in it, but they may not think raspberry filling will have alcohol and is a safe choice.

A family I met years ago on the trip to the Bahamas had a son that was a recovering alcoholic. He was doing really well for over a year when he was at a friend's house and had a piece of dessert that had alcohol in it (I don't what kind or how much). For him it was enough to make him fall off the wagon. It had been six months since the incident and they still hadn't gotten him to stop drinking.

Quote by @%username% on %date%