Raspberry Mousse With Pastry Pride? Help!

Baking By Anya2010 Updated 22 Sep 2010 , 1:29am by Anya2010

Anya2010 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 12:33am
post #1 of 5

Hi I am making a chocolate cake this weekend covered in MMF. I need to make a raspberry mousse filling for it, I came across this recipe and it looks perfect:

"10 oz bag frozen raspberries, 1 cup sugar, 1 envelope unflavored gelatin, 1 ½ cup heavy cream-Heat the raspberries and sugar, run the raspberries through a strainer, add gelatin and set aside. Whip the heavy cream and fold the cooled raspberries into the whipped cream."

The only problem is that this recipe requires refrigeration. Can I use Pastry pride as a heavy cream substitute? Has anyone tried this? Thank you!!!

PS if anyone has a better recipe for a raspberry mousse that doesn't require refrigeration, please share!

4 replies
auntginn Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 12:49am
post #2 of 5

Not quite but similar tasting. I use pp with bavarian cream and instead of frozen fruit I use the fruit fillings. My customers and friends love it.

mbark Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 1:09am
post #3 of 5

I always use Pastry Pride for mousse, it holds up better & doesn't require refrigeration. I use the Torani syrup for flavor sometimes, the raspberry one is really good!

Normita Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 1:25am
post #4 of 5

I have folded in some raspberry filling the ones that come in the sleeve....with some pastry pride and it taste really good. I would even add some torani syrup

Anya2010 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 1:29am
post #5 of 5

So I would cook raspberries and sugar, fold it into pastry pride and leave out gelatin? Or do I still need to use it? Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%