Edible Images/which Copier Is Best?

Decorating By Lakelover Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 10:24pm by icingimages

Lakelover Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 11:08pm
post #1 of 15

Hi All
Im new here and looking to purchase a copier for edible images very soon. I would like some feedback on what is working and not working for you. Where did you purchase your printer?
I appreciate your thoughts/concerns!

14 replies
poohthebear Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 12:20am
post #2 of 15

Welcome, I don't know why no one has welcomed you yet, usually everyone if very quick to welcome and help newbies out with their questions. I wish I could answer you myself but I just signed in to ask the same question. I think its between epson or cannon. I googled it (food color printers) and my favorite sugarcraft site came up. They sell the cartridges and there are only a few printers that will hold the cartridges. So if you find out which one is the best let me know too.

Lakelover Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:07am
post #3 of 15

Thanks for the welcome Poohthebear!! I will be glad to pass along what I learn. I'm a little sad that noone has given me any feedback. Maybe, I should post in a different forum? Can you send me the link to your favorite site in a message, it is blocked in your post?

thanks & Blessings

jen4230 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 6:36pm
post #4 of 15

Hi. I have the Epson Stylus NX515 and I love it. I can get the cartridges through Kopycake. This printer was not that expensive thats why I chose it. I just do cake decorating as a hobby where I live isnt much need for cake it's a small town. If you want to check some out go to Epson.com they have all kinds just make sure you can get the edible cartridges before you buy one. I hear alot of people like Canon too. I don't know about those never tried one.

cattycornercakes Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 15

I have the same Epson as Jen4230. I bought mine a little over a year ago. I was worried that, because I don't use it that often, the ink would dry up or clog but I haven't had any trouble yet! Still on the first set of cartridges that I bought a year ago!

Lakelover Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:22am
post #6 of 15

Thanks for the feedback!!

icingimages Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 10:46am
post #7 of 15

There are two basic choices out there. Canon and Epson. We sell both, however, the only reason I sell the Epson is for the wide format printing. If you are not in need of wide format printing, I would definately recommend the Canon. With its removable printhead, if you ever have printhead issues or clogging, you can remove it, clean it and replace it if necessary. With the Epson, if you cannotg et the clog out, you are out the printer. The only Epson I recommend is the workforce 1100. The others I tested, I was able to ruin rather easily. When I look for printers, my objective is to abuse it to find out where problems are and how to overcome them. The Canons are more durable and less fussy with problems and I can fix most problems on Canons.

I hope this has been helpful to you.

Mikel79 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 1:04pm
post #8 of 15

Canon all the way!

poohthebear Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 3:22am
post #9 of 15

Which Canon do you recommend? Am thinking about buying one myself. Like right now I have an order for this weekend that is a picture taken off of a teeshirt. I scanned it to my Kodak printer just to get it on paper but have no idea how I am going to transfer to modeling chocolate or cake.

Lakelover Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 8:54pm
post #10 of 15

Going to buy the Cannon gold label package. Thanks everyone for the information!
I think I"m going to like it here!!

princessicesk8s Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 9:47pm
post #11 of 15

Dont get an Epson. I have one and the print head does not come out which makes it very hard to clean. A Canon will cost more but the print head comes out.

PinkLisa Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 10:48pm
post #12 of 15

I love my Canon.

Lakelover Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 1:55pm
post #13 of 15

I purchase mine yesterday and it should ship on Monday!! So excited!

Lakelover Posted 13 Oct 2010 , 9:22am
post #14 of 15

I used my printer my over the weekend for a grooms cake. It turned out great and the bride was very pleased!!

icingimages Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 10:24pm
post #15 of 15

Glad to hear it went well for you. Be sure to use your printer at least once per week!

Quote by @%username% on %date%