auntginn Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 8:47pm
post #1 of

This weekend I made Michelle Fosters recipe for fondant. Which I loved the taste. However, I noticed it hardened by the cake cutting time. icon_surprised.gif The bride and groom had to work at cutting into the cake. icon_redface.gif

But... I notice that most fondants do exactly that.

Does anybody have any suggestions to keeping it soft or another fondant that does not harden. I prefer to make mine as opposed to buying, but would rather not use marshmellow fondant (which does not harden that way)

Thand You all in advance!!!

4 replies
KristasKakes78 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 8:59pm
post #2 of

I have used Michele Fosters fondant for a while and love it.It does get a hard outer shell but I have never had trouble cutting through it,and it is soft to eat. I think most fondant does this and they don't taste nearly as good. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 9:12pm
post #3 of

There has been discussions on here about what knives work best with cutting fondant. That may be something to look into.

samiam22 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 9:23pm
post #4 of

I love MFF and find that the little bit of hardness actually adds a nice protective shell to a stacked cake.icon_smile.gif I agree that when you cut it ,it is still soft and yummy and so worth it,easy to make and much cheaper. Just use a sharp knife to cut the cake!

auntginn Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 1:44am
post #5 of

Thank you all. Guess I will just have to add a sharper knife. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%