Where Do You Store All Your Food Coloring?

Decorating By CakesIMake Updated 22 Sep 2010 , 2:56am by kaseynh

CakesIMake Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 15

I've reached the point where I don't have any more room in my blue wilton cake case for all my colors..I have for a while now so i have been closing them tight & praying they don't spill all over when I move things around. I have a ton of Wilton colors and some Americolor...I'm just wondering how/where everyone else stores theirs?

14 replies
tomswife Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 15

I have plastic containers that have the lid attached and snap closed - they came from Wal-Mart. Very easy storage and transport. I bought an old antique armoir for my dining room that holds all of my cake supplies. I used the label maker to label all of the containers.

kansaslaura Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 15

In a clear plastic container that is dishwasher safe. I hate it when it gets all smudgy and I've had a liquid color tip over and leak.. ick!

tesso Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 15

I have bought a deluxe 10 compartment rolling cart from sams club, it holds almost everything. I just roll it to the kitchen when needed, then back to the dining room for storage.

Texas_Rose Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:57pm
post #5 of 15

I just use a small plastic shoebox with some paper towels folded into the bottom. I started doing that when we got our new house because I didn't want all my drawers stained with food color.

Brookbourque Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:57pm
post #6 of 15

Rubbermaid plastic drawers, fits good in my pantry. And there just deep eough to fit the lil jars and americolor bottles.

snshin1993 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:59pm
post #7 of 15

I altered a fishing tackle box and it holds most of my small stuff and rest is in a big storage shelving unit

Rosie2 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 8:10pm
post #8 of 15
Originally Posted by tesso

I have bought a deluxe 10 compartment rolling cart from sams club, it holds almost everything. I just roll it to the kitchen when needed, then back to the dining room for storage.

Wow, these are all great ideas, but I love this one!! 10 compartment rolling cart, yeahhh thumbs_up.gif

Thank you all

Loucinda Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 8:20pm
post #9 of 15

I have an antique spice cupbard that hangs on my wall that has 4 shelves in it, I have all my colors in there, lined up according to color (or course!). I can open it up and see what is there at a glance and get right to it.

Herekittykitty Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 9:57pm
post #10 of 15

A cookie tin. It is the perfect height for the little americolor bottles or 2 small wilton jars stacked (one big wilton jar). I can see at a glance which color I want thanks to the handy color dots on the americolor lids.

JanelleH Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 10:11pm
post #11 of 15

I also use the plastic divided containers with the snap-top lid. They're the perfect height for the Wilton colors, but make sure you get one with adjustable dividers to hold the AmeriColors. I bought mine at Walmart, you can find them in Crafts, Hardware, and Fishing sections, or at any craft store in the beading section. They work great because when they get spills you can just take out your colors and stick the container in the dishwasher.

cakeandpartygirl Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 10:19pm
post #12 of 15

Here is where I keep some of my cake supplies including my jar paste colors. You probably can't see the label but it's the 2nd drawer from the top on the right one.

Edited to add: I added an attachment and it's not showing. It's one of those rolling carts that have drawers. I have the one with 4 shallow drawers and 3 deeper drawers.

patticake1951 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 11:06pm
post #13 of 15

I have a big black Craftsman work bench that has 3 drawers and 2 compartments on the bottom, with pegboard back and a shelf on top. I keep my colors in one of the drawers.

cheatize Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 2:32am
post #14 of 15

Plastic shoeboxes for Wilton and plastic index card box for my few Americolors.

kaseynh Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 2:56am
post #15 of 15

I have mine in a clear plastic box meant for scrapbook paper. I also bought an insert for the box that seems as if it was made to hold the Wilton color jars. The holes were a little snug when I first put the jar in but it holds each jar in place and they can't tip over. It works perfectly for me. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%