How Do You Achieve The Perfect Flavor...

Decorating By caked4life Updated 20 Jul 2016 , 9:09pm by grammy1963

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 8

of your buttercream? By using flavored oils, creamers, extracts, puree etc...?

7 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 6:48pm
post #2 of 8

that would be all of the above. It depends on what your recipe calls for. I also have used chocolate liquors, rum, grand marnier, frozen or fresh fruits, kool aid, frozen beverages. The possibilities are as big as your imagination icon_biggrin.gif and your ability to want to experiment. thumbs_up.gif

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

that would be all of the above. It depends on what your recipe calls for. I also have used chocolate liquors, rum, grand marnier, frozen or fresh fruits, kool aid, frozen beverages. The possibilities are as big as your imagination icon_biggrin.gif and your ability to want to experiment. thumbs_up.gif

Wow, tesso, the possibilites do seem endless. Kool aid...Wow. thumbs_up.gif
Thanks for responding!

tesso Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 8

if you like lemonaid you have got to add country time pink lemonade to BC.. yummy!! gives it a very pale pink color. icon_biggrin.gif

My nieces love the Hi-C Punch flavored BC. Plus it colors it for you. icon_biggrin.gif

Melissa6217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa6217 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 8

Are you substituting the extract for the various flavors or do you still add vanilla extract? My husband would love the pink lemonade icing! I'm thinking that would be in powder form, did you just sprinkle that in or substitute it in for something else?

Melissa6217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melissa6217 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:22pm
post #6 of 8

Are you substituting the extract for the various flavors or do you still add vanilla extract? My husband would love the pink lemonade icing! I'm thinking that would be in powder form, did you just sprinkle that in or substitute it in for something else?

tesso Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:51pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa6217

Skip the vanilla flavoring, or other extracts when substituting. And if using liquids or alcohols, you would use them in place of water.

As far as the kool-aid, I like to add the kool-aid to the water that I add to my buttercream. It makes kind of like a syrup, since I only add 1/4-1/2 water to my BC that way the flavor is sure to get distributed evenly. But there is no reason why you cant just add it directly to the BC. Also for really intense flavor I have added two packs of kool-aid.

grammy1963 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammy1963 Posted 20 Jul 2016 , 9:09pm
post #8 of 8

I would like to add real lemon juice but I am afraid it would curdle the butter.  What do you think?ō

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%