Freezing Cupcakes

Baking By Juliagu Updated 21 Sep 2010 , 7:36pm by KHalstead

Juliagu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juliagu Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 3

Hello,
I'm new here so figured I would give it a try! I have been freezing my cupcakes (when I don't have time to bake the day of) by wrapping them in small groups in saran wrap + foil and then putting them in a ziploc bag. I tried the flash freeze method but they were not as moist - a bit dryer. icon_eek.gif

My question is - I have ~250 mini cupcakes and the order was cancelled. I have them in like a metal cake pan container (unfrosted/undecorated). I was wondering if I could wrap the container in saran wrap + foil and then put the lid on and it would be the same as what I usually do? I guess I'm trying to save some time. It would take a LONG time to individually wrap these cupcakes. thumbsdown.gif Anyone do this before or think it would work??

2 replies
TattooMom25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TattooMom25 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 3

That is usually how I wrap mine but only for a few days storage. Beyond that, to ensure best quality, might want to wrap seperatly.
Sorry to hear your oder got cxled icon_sad.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:36pm
post #3 of 3

I have frozen minis for 2 weeks, I laid them out (in their liners) on a sheet pan and then wrapped the whole thing in several layers of saran wrap. Froze them for 2 weeks, pulled out about 4 hrs. before I frosted them and just left them wrapped until the tray felt room temp to the touch. They were perfect and nice and moist and yummy!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%