Help!!! How Do I Recreate This Beautiful Cake????

Decorating By stewdog4 Updated 21 Sep 2010 , 4:53pm by LuluSweetArt

stewdog4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stewdog4 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 7

I need HELP!! I have a bride that really wants a cake similar to this beautiful cake from "The Pink Cake Box". The problem is, I dont know how to create the branch. Is modeling chocolate the way to go, gumpaste, fondant?? I am at a loss here!! Does it need to have a wire support? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

6 replies
stewdog4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stewdog4 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 7

I cannot get the photo to attach here is the link to it!
http://www.pinkcakebox.com/images/cake803.jpg

cookinqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookinqueen Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 7

Can you post a picture of the cake?

HauteCoutureCookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HauteCoutureCookies Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 7

I would use modeling choc.or fondant

Jeliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeliz Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 7

I think Fondant will work just fine.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1770411

This is my cake and I used fondant and a clay extruder. Of course the one you selected is a million times better, this will give you an idea.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:52pm
post #6 of 7

.............Is modeling chocolate the way to go, gumpaste, fondant?? I am at a loss here!! Does it need to have a wire support? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!.........

Any of the mediums you mentioned will work just fine. The only wire needed would be in making those little round sprays - not for the branch.

You have a pic in your album - a jungle baby shower - how did you make the grass for that? I'm thinking this would be similar.

I would use either modeling choco or fondant. Just make fat snakes. They don't have to be long - look closely at the pic, each tier's branch portion is seperate - not one long one covering the whole cake.

LuluSweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuluSweetArt Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 7

Looks to me like either modeling chocolate or fondant would work. Just roll a long, not uniform snake and drape and pinch accordingly. You should not have to use wires. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%