Your Favorite Cake Artist's Website For Inspiration?

Decorating By hsmomma Updated 21 Sep 2014 , 1:36pm by -K8memphis

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 16

I absolutely love looking through other websites to find amazing cakes. What is your favorite website for inspiration? Besides CC...we all know how much inspiration and talent is here... icon_smile.gif

15 replies
lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 16

Great inspiration from here of course!!!! One of my favorites was Earlene Moore site from Texas. She has since retired from doing alot of cakes, but since the beginning I always loved her ideas and work.

Got to take some classes from her years ago at our Mini-classes. Really enjoyed them.

There are so many talented people out there. I love looking and then creating my own version of style icon_biggrin.gif

LuluSweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LuluSweetArt Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 16

I have three sites actually. I absolutely adore Mike McCarey and his work, Marina Sousa's site is beautiful, and then there is the lady who made wedding cake. She owns a beautiful little shop called Cakes From Cabin Ridge. But honestly, I'd have to say that with all the hours I log here, this is where I draw most of my inspiration from.

lisamenz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisamenz Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 16

Yes to Marina Sousa's Cakes. That lady rocks!!! Love her style and elegants . Also just in awe of Cake Opera Co. Those cakes are off the wall beautiful and different thumbs_up.gif

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 16

I just looked at Marina Sousa's Cakes website. You both are SO right!! They are stunning!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:02pm
post #6 of 16

Pink Cake Box is the first one I go to....I also have Mike's Amazing Cakes & Just Cake saved in my favs also.....Thank LuluSweetArt for your info because I just added Cakes From Cabin Ridge to my favs....I love new sites!!!

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 6:11pm
post #7 of 16

I just happened upon this website yesterday and I can't believe how AMAZING her gumpaste flowers are icon_eek.gif Her rose and hydrangea are stunning.

http://sugarartstudio.com/gum%20paste%20flowers.html

I just checked out Marina Sousa's site for the first time...Wow, absolutely amazing. I am also totally in love with Maisie Fantasie lately. http://www.maisiefantaisie.co.uk/

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 6:33pm
post #8 of 16

I've actually found ideas and inspiration by just going to Flickr and typing keywords into the search box. TONS of pix to peruse!

dreamcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakesmom Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 6:50pm
post #9 of 16

I lean towards current magazines that give a variety of artists works and ideas but thanks to all for the great sites to go peeking around. Always curious what everyone is putting out there

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:11pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy74

I've actually found ideas and inspiration by just going to Flickr and typing keywords into the search box. TONS of pix to peruse!

I also do this...often.

tomswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomswife Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:22pm
post #11 of 16

Andrea's Sweet Cakes on Flickr.com

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 4:44pm
post #12 of 16

got a question ...... Cakegirls web site was also one of my go-to sites, but since everything thats happened to them they "rearranged" their web site & now sadly it doesn't have their pictures & designs up anymore. Does anyone know where I can see pictures of their work?

CupcakeCali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupcakeCali Posted 7 Jun 2014 , 11:04am
post #13 of 16

My personal favorite is Cake Opera Co. from Canada which is now sadly closed! :( 

I did happen to find a site though that's selling many of the molds that are used to make the baroque look that they are known for.

Have any of you used these?

https://www.etsy.com/people/SugarArtMolds

queenanneslace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenanneslace Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 1:14pm
post #14 of 16

AMy favorites are Maggie Austin and Ron Ben-Israel!:):)

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 1:34pm
post #15 of 16

Some great websites mentioned here (love Ben-Isreal).  Just want to add yernersway.com.  You should check out his free Olaf tutorial!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 21 Sep 2014 , 1:35pm
post #16 of 16

Ai ditto queenanneslace plus Earlene, Margaret Braun and Colette

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%