Hurricane Igor Not Slowing Me Down!!!!

Lounge By Classycakes Updated 23 Sep 2010 , 3:38am by letsgetcaking

Classycakes Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:25pm
post #1 of 5

We're smack dab right in the middle of Hurricane Igor and I run out of sugar!!!! We Newfoundlanders must be a hardy bunch because I just ran out to the supermarket in the midst of the hurricane winds and sheeting rain to get my sugar. Other than the closed schools, everything else is open so I'm thankful this blasted hurricane didn't slow me down.

You know you're a cake nut when.......... icon_lol.gif

4 replies
tesso Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:53pm
post #2 of 5

Now that is some cake dedication!! thumbs_up.gif Glad your surviving Igor (who the hell named that thing? icon_lol.gif ) I guess next year it will be tropical storm Frankenstein icon_lol.gif that you will have to brave for your cakes !!

cheatize Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 2:23am
post #3 of 5

Igor's in Canada? Funny, the news here seems to have forgotten all about him. What's it like to cake during a hurricane? Is the barometric pressure affecting it at all?

Feels silly to ask you that right now. I should be saying, "Run for your lives!" or something. LOL

cakecraft Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 5

I dunno, not sure I'm that "hardy"....although we didn't get more than wind on this side of the island. icon_smile.gif Hope you didn't get any damage!

letsgetcaking Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 3:38am
post #5 of 5

Hahaha! That is an awesome story! Now that is dedication!

Quote by @%username% on %date%