Cupcake Stand?

Baking By CandyLady Updated 23 Sep 2010 , 2:35pm by CandyLady

CandyLady Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:59pm
post #1 of 9

I have to do a lot of cupcakes for a baby twins combo halloween party. Don't want to take up a lot of space on their table with large trays so do you have any suggestions for stacking cupcakes without buying pricey stands? thanks.

8 replies
jerseygirlNga Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 9

Saw a foil covered (similar to cake drums) cupcake stand in Walmart the other day. Pop it together and its three tiers. I'm not sure of the price but believe it was about $11. I'm trying to find a stand for 250 cake balls for a wedding. Not trying to hi-jack post but if anyone has any ideas...can you help me out too!

cutthecake Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:29pm
post #4 of 9

How many cupcakes are you making? I did a search and found so many examples. Here's a long thread about making cupcake stands:

Flower pots and the saucers that go under them can be stacked to make inexpensive stands. You can use wooden squares or rounds for the plates, too. PVC pipe an foam board squares or rounds can be used, too. Almost anything that you can stack sturdily will work. I've seen candle sticks, wine glasses, vases, table legs or railing spindles used, too.

CandyLady Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:04pm
post #6 of 9

thanks everyone...appreciate it.

SweetDreamsBoutique Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 1:54pm
post #7 of 9

michaels and joanns have solid color ones, white or kraft paper brown i think. you can decorate them yourself to match your theme. i think they run about $6-7, maybe less, but even cheaper if you use a 40% off coupon.

imagenthatnj Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 2:31pm
post #8 of 9

You could make one like this:

It is just boxes/cake dummies stacked on top of each other. You could make the difference between the sizes bigger so that you can put two rows of cupcakes on each box instead of one. Wrap the sides in the paper/color of your choice.

Ideas on printouts, boxes, colors:

CandyLady Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 2:35pm
post #9 of 9

that darn Martha is always on top of everything...neat idea. Thanks. I have to drive a distance with these cupcakes so don't want to leave something I have to go back for, that is why I am looking for cheap, homemade.

Quote by @%username% on %date%