Alphabet Cutters?

Decorating By jimmers Updated 26 Sep 2010 , 7:07pm by jimmers

jimmers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimmers Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:40pm
post #1 of 4

Anyone got any recommendations for a good set of alphabet cutters please? I recently bought the wilton alphabet and number cutters and am really disappointed in them, especially as I thought they were quite expensive icon_sad.gif The letters don't seem to have a uniform width, particularly the P's and B's seem to be really narrow compared to all the others which looks useless when I'm trying to put happy birthday on! They also seem to be really hard to get out once you've cut them. Has anyone else experienced this or am I doing it wrong??!! Thank you

3 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 4

Have you looked into Tappits?

verosuperstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verosuperstar Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 4

HI there, I have the wilton set and I use it all the time. Leave the fondant/gumpaste dry for a few minutes before you attempt to cut and dust the cutters letters with corn starch. Hope that helps

jimmers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimmers Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks everyone, I'm going to give it some time and keep going with my wilton, see if I can make it work. thanks for the advice on letting it dry a bit, worked slightly better this time. I'm wondering whether it may be the dumbo using them as oppose to the actual cutters icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks for the links though, may have to buy them too icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%