Flavored Cookies And Frosting Question

Baking By sweetlybaked Updated 21 Sep 2010 , 8:14pm by pettycakes

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:40am
post #1 of 5

I want to make some sugar cookies. I love the NFSC recipe and I use Antonia74's icing recipe. I want to try flavoring the cookie and frosting. Would it be beneficial to switch to gemini's glaze? I can't use LorAnn's oil in Antonia's icing right? I seem to remember that you can't mix oil with RI. Any help would be much appreciated! TIA.

4 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 5

I wouldn't use oil, but you can certainly use extracts - I do that all the time!

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniebakes

I wouldn't use oil, but you can certainly use extracts - I do that all the time!

Ditto. I also use fruit juices.

PinkChateau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkChateau Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 5

LorAnn oils contain no "oil" so it is safe to use with any royal icing recipe. I do it all the time. Here is the posting on LorAnn Oils' website.

"What is a Flavoring (Candy) Oil? Flavoring oils are highly concentrated flavors. The word "candy oil" has been used for many years to describe a type of flavoring that is potent enough to be used in hard candy making.-these flavors do not contain vegetable oil. Because our flavors are concentrated, they are able to hold up better when exposed to heat."

HTH.

pettycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pettycakes Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 8:14pm
post #5 of 5

I made a batch of RI this morning and put peppermint extract in it. It actually had a nice taste. Getting a jump on some snowflakes for cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%