How Do I Make White Chocolate Ganache White

Baking By yuki-onna Updated 21 Sep 2010 , 3:47pm by ibmoser

yuki-onna Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:06am
post #1 of 6

I've been asked to do a skull cake but covered in white chocolate ganache, id there a way to get the ganache really white instead of the off white it usually is?

5 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:19am
post #2 of 6

Jennifer Dontz sells Merkins Super White chocolate on her website. I'm on my phone so I don't gave the link but google Jennifer dontz and you'll find it. True white chocolate always has a bit of an off white coloring... I think the off white would make a skull look old which could be cool.

kansaslaura Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:28am
post #3 of 6

The cake supply I shop has also carries the super white discs, they're not uncommon.

Kahlua Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:35am
post #4 of 6

Titanium oxide. I think Wilton sells it as a whitener.

chinadoll652003 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:51am
post #5 of 6

Whenever I need really white I use titanium dioxide. If your going to use it in chocolate you would need to get it in powder form. The whitener that Wilton sells has water added in it , which would not work with chocolate.

ibmoser Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:47pm
post #6 of 6

You can mix the titanium dioxide or white gel color (Wilton or other "white-white") into the cream portion of your ganache before pouring it over the chocolate or candy melts. Real bones aren't usually white, though - I agree that off-white wold be more realistic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%