Airbrush Users Check This Spray Booth Out! No More Messes!

Decorating By Loucinda Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 9:15pm by Loucinda

Loucinda Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:35am
post #1 of 15

http://cakesafe.com/howitworks/spraybooth.php

Another VERY cool product from the people that designed and make the cake safe. I am loving the looks of this - I have cleaned too many colors out of the kitchen! Has anyone gotten to use one yet? I love the cake safe - I own one of them. I want to get one of these too, I know it will be a quality product!

14 replies
debster Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:50am
post #2 of 15

No I have not , but looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Loucinda Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:58am
post #3 of 15

I think so too. Christmas is only 3 months away, I know what is on my list now! They have a video showing how well it works too, here is a link to it

I know I have spent HOURS cleaning up the over spray, this thing will be a huge time savor for me. I don't have room here for a big spray booth.

tesso Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 15

I guess I keep my spray narrow, because I havent really had any problems with overspray. I used a science according board a few times, but it never had any overspray on it. icon_confused.gif It looks like a great product though.

Ivy383 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 15

It looks good...I will have to wait and see customer reviews. icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:20pm
post #6 of 15

I had never much until I did all those poinsettias last year. HOLY COW, that over spray was everywhere. It took me weeks to find all the nooks and crannies that it got into. I told my DH I needed something to contain it after that. He has been hem hawing around about it, I won't have to wait on him to make something now.

I think also, I always just used pearl for the most part, and those poinsettias were dark colors, so I could SEE where it went. I think the overspray was there every time I used it, I just didn't see it.

I have a cake business, and I look at this as another item that will make me more prodcutive. I don't have to stop and clean up so much when I choose to use the airbrush. icon_smile.gif

lecrn Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:29pm
post #7 of 15

That looks pretty great! I would have to wait on some testimonials too before I purchased one. I guess that the fan & filter would help suck in the overspray? It doesn't look very deep.

ETS:
Holy cow! That's expensive! I guess I won't be buying one anytime soon. I wonder how long the filter would last?

rainyone Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:42pm
post #8 of 15

I've seen tutorials on how to make your own if you are so inclined. You use a bathroom fan and filter or something.... sounds like they work great.

Loucinda Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 8:15pm
post #9 of 15

I have one of their cake safes and if this is ANYTHING like that product, it will be top notch. I have a business here in my home, and I like for things to look nice too. This (IMO) will look a lot better than a box with a bathroom fan in it!

Yes, pricey, but again, so was my oven, my Hobart, my collection of ML pans, etc. It is the price of doing business. I prefer quality items and I buy them as I can.

I still think the time it will save me for just the cleaning up will more than pay for the set up.

rainyone Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 10:13pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

I have one of their cake safes and if this is ANYTHING like that product, it will be top notch. I have a business here in my home, and I like for things to look nice too. This (IMO) will look a lot better than a box with a bathroom fan in it!

Yes, pricey, but again, so was my oven, my Hobart, my collection of ML pans, etc. It is the price of doing business. I prefer quality items and I buy them as I can.

I still think the time it will save me for just the cleaning up will more than pay for the set up.

This looks like basically like plexiglass with a bathroom fan attached to it... doesn't look very display worthy. So I personally wouldn't care if the box/fan looks not as good. it would have to look a lot more prettier for me to spend 500 bucks vs getting my dh to hook something up for less then 50 bucks total. ( using a rubbermaid or other box and a fan) throw a filter in and I'm good to go.

MaryAllison Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 10:44pm
post #11 of 15

Oh, my word! This topic couldn't have happened at a better time. I just wrote asking for help on airbrush spray. I'm still cleaning the mess from this past Sunday! It's everywhere and I used a box to try to contain the color.

I don't care how much this item costs, my time is much more. I'm ordering asap in preparation for the holiday season. icon_lol.gif

Loucinda Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 4:07pm
post #12 of 15

Christmas is coming early this year! My airbrush booth is on it's way here - I hope it comes before Friday, I need to airbrush some cakes that day. icon_biggrin.gif

I'll post back after I have had a chance to use my new toy!!

Motorhead Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 4:24pm
post #13 of 15

i am definetly going to check this puppy out! please let us know when you get yours and how it works! i just airbrushed a cake last week-the over spray went everywhere!! i'm still cleaning it up!! it's decieving, you can't see it until you wipe something down...then the mess!! sounds like a godsend? thumbs_up.gif

Loucinda Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 4:07am
post #14 of 15

I received my airbrush booth on Friday, used it the first time Sat. morning. OMG!!!! I LOVE IT!!! I was spraying some gumpaste roses a deep red, it left NO MESS WHATSOEVER. I did not have any over spray ANYWHERE. NO RED BUGGERS!! This product is worth it's weight in gold, IMO! My DH couldn't beleive how well it worked.

I will post pics on Monday, (busy day tomorrow at DOS) If you all airbrush, you NEED this tool!!! It is freakin' amazing! I just thought I loved my cake safe and my Grex....this airbrush booth kicks butt. thumbs_up.gif

Loucinda Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 9:15pm
post #15 of 15

OK, I have to talk about this some more. I am home from the DOS, and got to play with it some more. I did try the fan in a box thing and it never worked for me, I still got color everywhere. I found out that the fan in the cakesafe booth is MUCH more powerful than most fans. A bathroom exhaust fan moves about 80 CFM and the fan in my booth moves about 240 CFM. LOTS more power. I even wiped the blade of the fan in the back to see if there was color on it, and NADA. All the color went on the filters. I wish there were words to tell you all how great this thing is. I can finally airbrush IN MY KITCHEN!!! My Grex will now get the use it desrves to have because of having this booth. I won't dred the cleanup ever again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%