Hhhhhheeeeelllllpppppp Pls

Decorating By vaniti716 Updated 26 Sep 2010 , 2:48am by sweettreat101

vaniti716 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vaniti716 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:08am
post #1 of 12

I am having a situation with making a shoe out of fondant........its a high heel shoe and i have done shoes before but never a regular size or a heel this size and everytime i move the sole of the shoe it breaks.....pls help me...what can i do so that it will dry enough for me to be able to use it with out it breaking???? can i put it in the fridge???? i used a real shoe as a model...bought only for this use but when ever i move the fondant even when i think its dry it break icon_cry.gif i dont know what to do....i dont want to use the shoes i have done in the past because this one was requested icon_cry.gif the is nt due until the 29th so i do have time to correct this issue but i need help!!!!!!!!!

thank u all in advance

11 replies
preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:17am
post #2 of 12

I'm no expert but maybe you should try making the sole from gum paste instead of fondant as it is sturdier. Also, which ever material you do use (gum paste or fondant) do not put it in the fridge. It will be worse.

HTH

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:19am
post #3 of 12

Gumpaste would be more stable--I'm not an expert in shoe making, by any stretch, but do know it does dry harder and more quickly.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:25am
post #4 of 12

Yes, you should be using gumpaste, not fondant.

ysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ysa Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:45am
post #5 of 12

yes darling gumpaste.. just an idea.. for more stability if i were to make it and i'm in near panick..i'll insert a stick inside..i'll just tell my client there 's a stick inside the heel.. icon_wink.gif i've done that before.. icon_razz.gif

vaniti716 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 12

thank u all very much icon_wink.gif i wanted to make the shoe red and black and didnt buy any gumpaste in those colors soooo i am now stuck bc if i use the white gum paste on the shoe then the shoe wont look the same.....i will see what i can do maybe i can do it in white and air brush it in black??? mmmmmm i will let u guys know how it turns out.....thank u soooo much icon_biggrin.gif

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:00pm
post #7 of 12

If you are using fondant are you adding any tylose powder to help it dry harder?

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:59pm
post #8 of 12

You can paint the white gumpaste with powdered or gel/paste colors mixed with vodka or other clear alcohol.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 7:19pm
post #9 of 12

You can add tylose to and color fondant you have and basically turn it into gumpaste. Or make it in white and pairbrush or hand paint it colors after it dries.

vaniti716 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 12:17am
post #10 of 12

i have never used tylesol....i will def try that idea also because i tried the airbrush and didnt get the result i was looking for so i had to start over icon_sad.gif does that tylesol taste bad????

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 12:52am
post #11 of 12

No, tylose is flavorless as far as i know.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 2:48am
post #12 of 12

I added Tylose to my fondant. When your shoe is finished place it in the oven oven turned off of course and leave the light on. It will help it dry faster. This is how I made my shoe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%