Advice On Fall Wedding Cake....

Decorating By Sweetgrl1963 Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 1:18pm by Kiddiekakes

Sweetgrl1963 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:40am
post #1 of 16

My son's wedding is in 2 weeks, The bride is going with a major fall themed reception. The cake will be 4 tiers, alternating tiers of hexogon and round. I was thinking of making each tier a diffrent fall color. Brown, gold dk. green and orange.( am open to any color combination, if anyonwe has any other ideas) there will also be fresh fall flowers flowing from the top tier to the bottom, I have serched here and cant find a fall wedding cake with different colorsa, in my mind it looks beautiful, but not sure. anyone seen or done this, or have any advice or thoughts. thanks icon_smile.gif

15 replies
walterak Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:43am
post #2 of 16

I personally like the idea of all white, with fall colored leaves placed on and around it. Maybe a pretty fall color ribbon at the base of each tier.

cakestars Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:55am
post #3 of 16

i agree with walterak. i think a white cake with fall colored leaves would be gorgeous! i would also add some gold luster dust or glitter to the leaves to make them pop.

MamaA2006 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:56am
post #4 of 16

I did a fall cake for my brother in law last year and I did all white fondant but then dusted gold dust on it. I then used silk leaves and berries around each of the teirs and topper.

tokazodo Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:19am
post #5 of 16

Fall is so beautiful with all the earthy colors, it's hard to choose!
I went to google, clicked images, typed in fall wedding and hit search. Thousands of beautiful ideas came up.
I also typed in Fall Wedding Cakes and thousands more ideas came up.

When I did my sons wedding cake in July, I didn't know where I was going with the cake. But when I found there were left over flowers that my daughter in-law picked out, I knew she would be happy with the cake. They were the flowers, she picked out!
In the end, she loved the cake!

I hope this helps!

Loucinda Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:07am
post #6 of 16

The fall wedding cake I did is still one of my most favorites of all the ones I have done.

It wasn't that hard to do either, gumpaste leaves that I airbrushed, and then acorns made out of caramels and chocolate clay.

Here it is:

grandmomof1 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:19am
post #7 of 16

I think an all brown cake with a shiny gold band around the base of each cake would be absolutely beautiful. Since you will have flowers going from the bottom to the top you will have plenty of color from those. I wouldn't want the colors of the flowers and the color of the cake competing with each other. If the cake color is off from the flowers, it could look like someone goofed.

KristyDi Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:21am
post #8 of 16

I kind of think 4 tiers, all different colors might be too much. I found this pic ( think I like the idea of 2 tiers the same color, then choosing 2 other colors. I like the different details on the tiers too, but that depends on the "mood" the bride is going for. I really like the idea of colored tiers. Seems like there's a million white cake with ribbon and fall leaves. They're beautiful and I like them, but there were very few in the image search I did that were colored.

If I had it to do over again I might do a fall wedding. I so love fall colors!

Sweetgrl1963 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:13pm
post #9 of 16

thanks everyone for all the ideas just so much to think about.@grandmomof1 I really like your idea of all brown with gold ribbon. Their initials are gold that will be placed on the top tier. The table cloth for the cake table is brown, and I do have a nice fall orange table cloth that I could lay over for a layered look. ILl post pics as soon as I can wedding is oct 2nd.

cai0311 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:04pm
post #10 of 16

I have a fall themed wedding cake the end of October. The cake is 4 tiers with a chocolate brown ribbon around each tier. There will be fall leaves cascading down one side and a couple of fondant pumpkins placed here and there (the bride is having pumpkins as the center pieces on the tables).

Loucinda Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:50pm
post #12 of 16

Can't wait to see the pics of all the fall cakes, such rich colors and soo pretty.

(I like that first one too - amazing painting skills!)

grandmomof1 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:38pm
post #13 of 16

Good luck, I can't wait to see it.

what_a_cake Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:04pm
post #14 of 16

Yes... please let us know when you post the picture icon_smile.gif

Sweetgrl1963 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:14pm
post #15 of 16

OK everyone I just posted the fall wedding cake I made for my stepsons wedding, thanks for all your advice......let me know what you think of it.

Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:18pm
post #16 of 16

The last few Fall cakes I have done have been in white with fondant leaves..I then airbrush the borders in a burnt orange and Gold Pearl spray over top the entire cake...There is one in my photos which is my Mom and Dad's 45th Anniversary cake...Everyone loved it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%