Raspberry Ganache

Decorating By rharris524 Updated 21 Sep 2010 , 9:47pm by Herekittykitty

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:40am
post #1 of 7

Can I make raspberry ganache by adding Chambord (sp? - raspberry liqueur) or raspberry extract to the cream? Other than jello (they don't want anything artificial-y) any suggestions on getting a raspberry flavor to my dark chocolate ganache without making it seize up?

6 replies
Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:54am
post #2 of 7

I add Razzmatazz by Dekuyper a raspberry liqueur all the time! icon_biggrin.gif

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:08am
post #3 of 7

How about using raspberry chocolate chips when making the gnache.

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:26am
post #4 of 7

When I was in pastry school, we added Chambord to the chocolate after it was mixed with the cream and it was FABULOUS!!!!! It became my absolute favorite!!!!

GL & HTH

jess

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:54am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessDesserts

When I was in pastry school, we added Chambord to the chocolate after it was mixed with the cream and it was FABULOUS!!!!! It became my absolute favorite!!!!

GL & HTH

jess

How much did you add?

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:08am
post #6 of 7

I dont remember the quanity of ganache we made, so the amount of Chambord wont help.

I suggest you just start with a little, taste it & see if you like it. Taste is different for everyone. Whether or not you like it, will depend on if you like just a hint of it, or if you prefer a stronger kick. Its up to you.

Just remember, you can always add more!

GL

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 9:47pm
post #7 of 7

Razzmatazz tastes just as good as Chambord and is a fraction of the cost. Unless you keep around and are going to use it a lot, may be worth the savings. DeKuyper only uses natural flavorings so you don't have to worry about it being artificial tasting - plus it's kosher.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%