Glee Cake Help

Decorating By KTB4 Updated 23 Sep 2010 , 2:40am by Jenala87

KTB4 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:26am
post #1 of 3

I've been asked by a friend to make a Glee cake with a spilled grape slushie on top. I was all excited until she told me that she didn't want to pay the extra price for the gumpaste cup I was going to make or the fondant letters along the front icon_sad.gif

Any suggestions as to how to do the cup without gumpaste? COuld I just get a white plastic cup and make a label to put on it? It wouldn;t look as good but at least it would be something?

2 replies
TheMightyQuinn Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 2:23am
post #2 of 3

dunno if this helps but i've seen cups made with clear gelatin on tv! No clue how hard that would be. Or could you take a cup and pour sugar into it and then get it out of the cup?

You could use a real plastic cup but it wouldnt look as good.

Maybe make one out of modeling chocolate. Its super cheap to make..melt chocolate add corn syrup let sit BAM chocolate clay.

hope any of that helps, sorry your excited ment got the kabash put on it!

Jenala87 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 2:40am
post #3 of 3

You can't walk into a car dealership and tell them you want to buy an Escalade but you will only pay the price of a Saturn. If she doesn't want to pay the price it costs to have what she wants then she needs to change what she wants. Friends too quickly want to take advantage and play the friend card to get free cake, I have many times had friends try to guilt me into free cakes...but sorry dude if you don't pay, I pay and I'm not going to pay for your cake. If you feel like it won't look good using a plastic cup because it costs less, you shouldn't have to compromise your name being attached to a cake you're not confident in its quality.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%