If Anyone Is Doing The Cc Mag Contest.. Answer This For Me!!

Decorating By tesso Updated 21 Sep 2010 , 3:19pm by tesso

tesso Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 5

I have sent email to magazine and havent heard back from them, I understand that they probably get hundreds of emails a day. So I am coming here to see if anyone knows...

Can we use cake dummies for the contest?

I read where it said anything visible on the cake had to be edible, but I was guessing that it meant decorations not the cake, but figured I had better find out first.

PLEASE !!! someone have the answer to this. icon_cry.gif

4 replies
tesso Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:51pm
post #2 of 5

oh one of you pros out there who do cake contest have got to know this answer.. please..please tell me. icon_cry.gif

kansaslaura Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 5

No pro, but I'd read it to mean what is visible --has to be edible.. so a dummy would be fine.

Have you tried PM'ing one of the CC'ers who has had a cake in the mag already?

cakeandpartygirl Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:13pm
post #4 of 5

I've never had a cake featured but I know someone who has and their cake was a dummy

tesso Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 3:19pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys !! That is what I thought it meant too. but wanted to be sure before putting in all that hard work. just to be disqualified for using cake dummies.

And yes, to kansas, I sent Rylan a pm a short while ago asking about the cake dummies icon_biggrin.gif

working 60-70 hrs a week at my regular job, it will take me weeks to finish this cake and I need to get started asap.

I am excited to get to attempt a cake for a contest, I dont have a snowballs chance in hell of winning icon_razz.gif but I want to try becuase I think it will be fun. The contests on CC are so short, that it doesnt allow me enough time with work schedule to participate. icon_sad.gif

Anybody else on here going to make a cake for the contest? GOOD LUCK to those participating!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%