Flames......do I Use Edible Image Or Cut Out Of Fondant?

Decorating By kello Updated 20 Sep 2010 , 6:41pm by kello

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 4:53pm
post #1 of 7

I need to know the easiest way to put different colored flames on a truck. Is there a pattern out there to use an edible image? How hard is it to cut out of fondant and place on? I'm kinda stuck on this one....thanks for any help.

6 replies
2kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kiddos Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 7

You can Google "flame clipart images" for hundreds of pictures that can be used for your edible image, or as a template for cutting out from fondant.
Depending on the detail needed in the flames, cutting them from fondant would be pretty easy.

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 7

I would use fondant. I used fondant for the flames on this cake http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1786636 I dyed my fondant yellow and then aribrushed red and orange.

gramof5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramof5 Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 7

I've done one cake with flames by printing out an image from a Google search and using that as a template to trace the outlines on fondant. But I now have a cricut and the make-the-cut program, so I was able to put the image on that and have the machine cut the flames out. I did marble the fondant before cutting, using yellow, red and orange so that it would look more like flames.

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 6:02pm
post #5 of 7

If you really want easiest check if any store carries Lucks have a flames edible image over black
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0026HJFTM/?tag=cakecentral-20

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 7

I've painted flames on using buttercream tinted red, yellow and orange each thinned with corn syurp, mixing them as they're painted on. They can have all different kinds of tips and texture that way.

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 6:41pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the input. I have to put just the flames on a blue truck, so I can't use the edible image from Lucks....but thank you. I have an edible image printer, so I thought that would be easiest....I'm still learning what to do with it. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%