Cream Cheese Frosting

Baking By angelarden Updated 20 Sep 2010 , 3:06pm by angelarden

angelarden Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 6

I am new at decorating!! I want to know a good recipe for a cream cheese frosting that you can decorate with. (something firm)

5 replies
ddaigle Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 6

There is a "decorator's" cream cheese recipe here on CC. Just remember, in order to decorate with it--make it firm, you must add more powdered sugar...and in my opinion, takes away from the "traditional" cream cheese icing. Original cream cheese icing is VERY soft...but very yummy, as you know. HTH.

angelarden Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you!

Can I use the traditional icing to cover it, then decorate with the firmer?

ddaigle Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 6

Yes you can, but I wouldn't put any (heavy) designs on the side, as they will slide off. I have also decorated in 100% traditional. It is the St. Joseph's Alter cake in my gallery on the bottom of page 2. You can tell a traditional cc icing by it's yellowish color. The roses were butter cream.

icer101 Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 2:57pm
post #5 of 6

I agree with everything ddaigle says. So true

angelarden Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 6

this is great! I think I am hooked on this site!1 It is nice to get answers back so quick! I have a real big task ahead of me in October. I have a confirmation cake to do for my son and nephew, a triplets birthday cakes to do for my 2 neices and nephew, another birthday cake for my neice, and a small wedding cake. (All the same day!)

I am doing simple, but nice. Each one of the kids loves something..frogs, cats, and trucks for the triplets

Open to all suggestions on flavors and shapes, and ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%