Help With Fondant Recipe Pleeeeaassee

Baking By heroes Updated 20 Sep 2010 , 11:32am by Nusi

heroes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heroes Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 11:08am
post #1 of 3

Ok Im going to take the whole day tomorrow do do some playing, can anyone suggest a really lovely fondant recipe? I would like to know how to make marshmallow fondant, heard so much about it on here, all we have in out local supermarkets is plain fondant, I would love to know how to make some of these lovely buttercreams and fondants. thankyou millions xxx

Karen x

2 replies
dnrlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dnrlee Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 11:29am
post #2 of 3

try Rhonda's Ultimate MMF. I used it for the first time last week and it's easy to make and tastes awesome!

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/3183/rhondas-ultimate-mmf

Nusi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nusi Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 11:32am
post #3 of 3

check the recipie section there is a a recipie.. i stopped looking at recipies for marshmillow fondant.. see all it requires is water marshmilla and icing sugar... the icing sugar is always double the amount of marshmallow
so basically i use :
500g marshmillow
1kg icing sugar
around 4-5 TBS water
some shortning for needing

greese a pyrix dish with shortning and dump the mini marshmillow in it with water
stick it in the microwave one minute at a time untill it melts completly keep stirring every minute with a wooden spoon greesed with shortning
if you own a kitchen aid greese the bowl with shortning then dumb the marshmillow in the kitchen aid bowl and kneed with the kneeding attachment
add the sugar untill its forms a kneedable dough
take out and kneed the rest of the sugar untill u feel its enough
if u dont own a kitchen aid u will just have to do it with a spoon by hand untill its tough enough to be kneeded by hand

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%