Charging For A Vow Renewal Cake

Business By LoveMeSomeCake615 Updated 22 Sep 2010 , 11:57pm by JulieMN

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 1:43am
post #1 of 5

Do you charge the same for a Vow Renewal cake as you do for a Wedding Cake? Our wedding cakes start at a higher price per serving than our occasion cakes do because they include a tasting, and wedding cakes are generally more involved with consultation and design work, etc. We talked to a lady today that needs a cake for her Vow Renewal Ceremony, and she said they never really had a big wedding ceremony the first time, so they are doing it now for their 15th Anniversary. I was just wondering if this is typically charged like a wedding cake, or as an occasion cake.

4 replies
Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 2:00am
post #2 of 5

Yep, I charge the same base price for everything...

If they are doing it up big for their 15th and they want a wedding type cake, by all means charge it the same as a wedding cake. You do the same amount of work, right???

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 2:36am
post #3 of 5

I agree. There will still be a ceremony regardless of the style, or what takes place. There will be some sort of reception. This is a WEDDING regardless of what title they want to call it.

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 5

That's what I thought. Thanks for the input! icon_smile.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 5

A cake is a cake is a cake.......same work involved no matter what they are calling the celebration.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%