Anyone Tried Using Cuttlebug A2 Embosser Folders

Decorating By wendalls Updated 19 Sep 2010 , 11:02am by wendalls

wendalls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendalls Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 9:51am
post #1 of 5

for embossing fondant?

As seen here. I have never seen one of these in person, so am wondering if anyone has tried?

http://www.provocraft.com/products/detail.php?cl=cuttlebug&scl=embossing&cat=&item=20-00207

4 replies
wendalls Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 9:57am
post #2 of 5

Oh and to make it work I guess you'd have to press it down onto a sheet of fondant not actually use a cuttlebug machine.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 10:07am
post #3 of 5

Yes, I have about 20 or so of them now, and I don't even own a Cuttlebug machine - I bought them purely for cake decorating.

They are great for small pieces of fondant...the don't work on larger areas very well because they are not patterned all the way to the edges, so you can't really emboss again next to the bit you just did without obvious join lines. I use them for embossing fondant for the tops of cupcakes mostly, and for texture on some decorations. I just place a piece of rolled out fondant between the folder and roll over it once firmly, and then you can use either side, depending on what you want (ie bumps or indents)

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 10:09am
post #4 of 5

...they're not A2 size though. They are quite small - about an A6 I think.

wendalls Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 11:02am
post #5 of 5

yeah - weird that the title is A2 but they're not that size.

might have to see if there is a craft shop about for me to view them. Oh and thanks coral! great to know.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%