You Ccers Are Such A Bad Influence... The Shame..the Shame..

Decorating By tesso Updated 19 Sep 2010 , 9:07pm by playingwithsugar

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 3:00am
post #1 of 9

I hope you guys are happy with yourselves!!! I caved.. I crumbled.. I broke.. you ALL beat me down.. and I did it...

I bought the Debbie Brown 50 cakes book!! The horror of it!!

I have only done wedding cakes.. with a birthday cake thrown in here or there for family.. I swore I would not get into BIRTHDAY CAKES!!! but I saw all of yours and got INSPIRED !!

icon_razz.gif HOW DARE YOU ALL INSPIRE ME !!!! icon_razz.gif

So, now I have the book and now the nieces, sisters, bil, hubby. they have all picked out their cakes already !!! OH.. you guys are so getting nagged to death when I start running into problems trying to create these little pieces of cake art!! I will PM you guys to death asking for help!! icon_lol.gif You guys did it to yourselves.. you just had to make great looking inspring cakes!! icon_razz.gif

8 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 3:21am
post #2 of 9

Mwahaha, tesso! It's what we're here for! (I personally haven't made any Debby Brown cakes yet, but I know what you mean about her books!)

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 3:24am
post #3 of 9

Welcome to the Dark Side.....we have cake!

Kristy

cakesbyk2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyk2 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 3:34am
post #4 of 9

Where can you get this book? Thanks

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 6:56am
post #5 of 9

I love her cakes! I have some of her books, but have never made any of the cakes out of them...I tend to just get them out to drool over the pictures!

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 8:10am
post #6 of 9

My husband went out of his way last christmas to buy an extreemly old copy of one of her books for me! the cover was a bit torn and tatty but i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it! its got soo many wonderful cakes in it, and even though its an old book, the cakes dont look old fashioned at all!

Tesso, i bet you have loads of fun recreating some of her creations! i know i certainly do!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 8:22pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbyk2

Where can you get this book? Thanks

you can find the book on amazon.com or ebay.. bookstores. very popular. heres amazon link.. enjoy... http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_12?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=debbie+brown+cake+books&sprefix=debbie+brown

eve81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eve81 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 8:54pm
post #8 of 9

Ha ha Tesso! How dare you inspire me! I made some of your MMF the other night and now I keep going out to the kitchen and snacking on it. but I make sure I make it into a pretty flower first icon_wink.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 9:07pm
post #9 of 9

Tesso -

You're very welcome. Let us know if there are any other ways we can influence you. LOL!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%