Help With Castle Cake

Decorating By pinkjacs Updated 20 Sep 2010 , 5:59pm by pinkjacs

pinkjacs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkjacs Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 7

hello I have been asked to make a castle cake and I am looking for help with the turrets. any idea (now thinking crispie cakes to mould how does that sound??)

thanks

6 replies
Faab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faab Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 7

I've used gum paste for the turrets. It's very easy I rolled the gum and used a brick impression mat, then rolled into a empty paper towel tube, let it dry for at least 24 hrs. I cut some windows too. You can see a pic in my photos.

pinkjacs Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 4:26pm
post #3 of 7

I have only just used gum paste for the first time the other day so had not considered that. How far in advance can I do them??

thanks for replying BTW icon_biggrin.gif

Faab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faab Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 7

It was my first time with gum paste too! You can make them as far in advance as you need it, I still have some from the cake in my photos.

This is the recipe I use for gum paste
1 package gelatin
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1 pund powdered sugar

pinkjacs Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 5:06pm
post #5 of 7

thank you I will try it out icon_smile.gif I am really looking forward to making it I am kinda new to this game and I have always wanted a castle cake so glad I get to make it for a wee girl icon_smile.gif

Your cake was lovely icon_biggrin.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 1:19am
post #6 of 7

I used ice cream cones glued end to end for the towers with sugar cones for the turrets. Rolled in melted candy melts. Easy-peasy.

pinkjacs Posted 20 Sep 2010 , 5:59pm
post #7 of 7

hi they have said they dont want cones on it was thinking just sugar paste cone shaped. thanks that would have been a good way to do it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%