Fondant Buttons

Decorating By craftermom Updated 18 Sep 2010 , 1:59pm by sweetcakes

craftermom Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:06am
post #1 of 5

How do I make fondant buttons?

4 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:18am
post #2 of 5

Take two round cookie cutters, one slightly smaller than the other and a toothpick. With the larger round cutter, cut out fondant the size of the button. With the smaller round cutter start to cut but you only want to "indent" the larger circle. Then take a toothpick and poke out two or four little holes in the center. That's all there is to it! icon_biggrin.gif

PJ37 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:37am
post #3 of 5

Agree with the above, but if you want smaller buttons, use the wide end of the 1M decorating tip and indent with the wide end of any tube.

grandmomof1 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:41am
post #4 of 5

I cut my buttons out using a very large round tip. Then I take a tip a couple of sizes smaller and make an round impression just inside the one I just cut out. Take a cake tester and punch 2 or 4 holes depending on the button style you want. After cutting them out, I painted pearl dust over them to make them glossy like a button. Good Luck!

sweetcakes Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 5

before doing any of the above lay a piece of plastic wrap over the fondant and then cut, the buttons will have rounded edges and wont get stuck inside the cutter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%