post #1 of 24

is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

23 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:34am
post #2 of 24

Three little anniversary cakes picked up earlier today.
One four tier wedding cake delivered.
One groom's cake finished for tomorrow's delivery.
One three tier done for delivery tomorrow.
One four tier done for delivery tomorrow.
Working on the last four tier for delivery tomorrow.

I'm actually gonna get to bed tonight!!!!!!

Jamielc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jamielc Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:41am
post #3 of 24

Hey, Leah_s. You amaze me! What do you do to keep yourself going?

As for myself, I'm working on my first wedding cake. The wedding is Sunday morning. Working on some flowers at the moment. The cake is going to be a stack of books with some autumn colored flowers to "dress" it up.

bethasd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethasd Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:42am
post #4 of 24

I AM NOT WORTHY! One little bus cake due Sunday (in between 4 soccer games). Carved & crumb coated I'm off to bed.

Tea42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tea42 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:50am
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethasd

I AM NOT WORTHY! One little bus cake due Sunday (in between 4 soccer games). Carved & crumb coated I'm off to bed.

Neither am I, I made a coconut cake for a retired Dr.'s birthday this week. A lemon cake with basketweave Buttercream decorated with RI lilies. Planning a German Chocolate for next week. Nothing even compares with leah_s schedule.

Would love to spend a week with some of you real cakers.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:50am
post #6 of 24

Quick wave from me.

2 cakes this week done and delivered. A small simple birthday cake for a friend's husband. It's a blue/cloud cake that she plans to put a toy helocopter on top--the hubby flies RC helos as a hobby.

The other cake was a dark chocolate ganache covered Fiesta cake for another friend's 30th birthday. They were doing a birthday dinner tonight for her, the stepson and her BiL. She asked for a simple cake but I had a lot of fun playing with fondant. It couldn't be too girly since she's sharing w/the boys.

Both cakes are in my gallery.

Minor surgery this morning went well and I feel about as well as can be expected. Hubby is dealing with the kids and I've been lazying around napping and reading. He brought home an offering of Ferrero Rondnoir so that's worth a happy dance! Planning to milk the "pamper me" thing for all I can icon_twisted.gif

Kristy

leah_s Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:57am
post #7 of 24

Hey, this is my biz. It's what I do for a living!!

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:00am
post #8 of 24

Safari themed topsy turvey cake for 1 yr bday to deliver tomorrow, just put it to bed along with all the little fondant animals that I made to go on it icon_smile.gif Was thrilled to have no wedding cakes this week (I actually schedule down weeks) Will not come up for air again until mid November icon_sad.gif

Erin3085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erin3085 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:02am
post #9 of 24

One lowly little buttercream bday cake today. It was fun, but the guy who wanted it wasn't fun to work with. One person checked off my list of people I will make a cake for! thumbsdown.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:14am
post #10 of 24

Leah you work like two womans! icon_lol.gif

I'm actually taking a break from cakes this week and doing cookies!! Eric at Ecrandal made me some custom cookie cutters (beautifully done I might add) and I'm anxious to try them. These are purses I designed. I have a few ideas I want to try out. Then I may do some mushroom cookies just for fun. Owls and mushrooms are my "thing" this Fall. Can't get enough of them!! icon_biggrin.gif I'm looking forward to the cookies though. Tomorrow is play day!! icon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:19am
post #11 of 24

Oh yeah, there was one more thing too, I started a blog last week!!! icon_lol.gif Of course I have NO CLUE what I'm doing, but I do get asked "how do you do this or that" on a regular basis and I'm loving the tutorials I've done so hey, why not?? Stay tuned... icon_biggrin.gif

KJ62798 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:22am
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Oh yeah, there was one more thing too, I started a blog last week!!! icon_lol.gif Of course I have NO CLUE what I'm doing, but I do get asked "how do you do this or that" on a regular basis and I'm loving the tutorials I've done so hey, why not?? Stay tuned... icon_biggrin.gif

Linky please?

bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:23am
post #13 of 24

http://cindysconfections.wordpress.com/ (But here on CC I'm BOB!!) icon_lol.gif I only have the one page up so far (I haven't figured out how to post yet.) icon_cool.gif

leah_s Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:27am
post #14 of 24

I haven't had a minute to update my blog this week. icon_sad.gif Back to it on Sunday, though.

KJ62798 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:28am
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

http://cindysconfections.wordpress.com/ (But here on CC I'm BOB!!) icon_lol.gif I only have the one page up so far (I haven't figured out how to post yet.) icon_cool.gif

Thanks--my hubby uses Wordpress for his flying club website. It's pretty forgiving and once you play around with it for awile I gues it is simple to update or change. He hasn't tried to weasel me into maintaining it for him so I'm not up how to do things.

K

bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:31am
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

I haven't had a minute to update my blog this week. icon_sad.gif Back to it on Sunday, though.

Leah what is your blog link?

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:32am
post #17 of 24

I'll have to check out that blog - here I thought your name was "Bob" all this time.

I'm working on a Coach purse cake and it's just about killing me. I'm trying edible images to create the C's and they are not all sticking to the cake!!! I'll be up late tonight.

Leah - I'd love to see you in action someday! I'm picturing the Tasmanian Devil's whirlwind in a kitchen with cake pans flying and mixers in the background, cakes suddenly appearing perfectly decorated on stainless steel counters. Then you smiling serenely as you gingerly place the last gumpaste flower on a wedding cake!! ha - I'd love to be there.

bobwonderbuns Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:35am
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motta

I'll have to check out that blog - here I thought your name was "Bob" all this time.

I'm working on a Coach purse cake and it's just about killing me. I'm trying edible images to create the C's and they are not all sticking to the cake!!! I'll be up late tonight.

Leah - I'd love to see you in action someday! I'm picturing the Tasmanian Devil's whirlwind in a kitchen with cake pans flying and mixers in the background, cakes suddenly appearing perfectly decorated on stainless steel counters. Then you smiling serenely as you gingerly place the last gumpaste flower on a wedding cake!! ha - I'd love to be there.

I know, the name came out of sheer frustration when all the cool names were taken. icon_cool.gif I still get a kick out of it when some of these girls write me a PM asking if my buns are like that of a football player! icon_eek.gificon_razz.gif I told one girl I thought so but ask Indydebi (I had had lunch with her the week before) and she responded "yes we did have lunch together. Imagine my surprise when I found out we carry the same purse!" icon_lol.gificon_razz.gif

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:42am
post #19 of 24

I'll just call you Bobby 'cuz I like it....that's so funny that girls are asking about your bum! Calm down ladies! icon_lol.gif Actually, I was thinking maybe you knew someone named Bob with "wonder buns" - now fess up if you did...

leah_s Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:44am
post #20 of 24

sweetlouisville.wordpress.com

Ya'll know I work in a licensed home kitchen?

2 ovens, 4 mixers, extra fridge and freezer in the basement.

Tea42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tea42 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:46am
post #21 of 24

I have thought she probably had a Bob with "wonderbuns" in the background myself. icon_smile.gif

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:52am
post #22 of 24

Having a lazy night tonight - just woke up from a snooze on the couch!! Today was a busy day - Delivered a three tier wedding cake, made and delivered 250 cupcakes, but now all I have left to do for this weekend is deliver another three tier tomorrow. I can put the last minute touches on that one tomorrow morning. Other than an hour or so to finish and deliver tomorrow's cake, the rest of the weekend is free. I'm so loving that!! thumbs_up.gif

leah_s Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 3:57am
post #23 of 24

Cakes are DONE!

Now for some kitchen cleaning.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 4:00am
post #24 of 24

Hello everyone,

Well, I just posted my latest work (YEA!) into my albums. This one cost me since I threw out my back yesterday and had to work thru it in order to finish this cake. So while it's far from perfect I'm very pleased with some of the touches...like the "ribbon" that goes around the top and ties into a bow. First time for me doing this type of bow so I was pretty happy that the "ribbon" looks like it's ribbon and not a hard edged trim. I'm also very very proud of my magnolia. It's based on a local tree in our neighborhood that I took several photos of the flowers in different stages of bloom. And I'm very pleased how it turned out.

However, now I'm just dying and very happy I only have a cupcake order late next week to do..until then I can nurse my back and try to get it well.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%