Please Help Asap With Buttercream Transfer Problem!!!

Decorating By mommakabob Updated 18 Sep 2010 , 11:25pm by TexasSugar

mommakabob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakabob Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:07am
post #1 of 9

So I put the frozen transfer on the cake and it's sticking to the waxed paper!! Help! I don't know what to to do. Right now I just have it left with the waxed paper on the cake. Is there anyway to save this? I don't know why it's sticking! I used Indydebi's butter cream. Please help asap! Thanks soo much!

8 replies
etr2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
etr2002 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:26am
post #2 of 9

Your message confused me a little bit. If the transfer is sticking to the wax paper, try letting it soften slightly and see if that will help you. You have to get the wax paper off so you can turn the transfer over for the smooth side of the transfer. Also, you might want to check the tutorial section for FBCT. The tutorial actually has a great recipe that is for FBCT. Good luck!

mommakabob Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:31am
post #3 of 9

i am thinking maybe I need to use a different buttercream because when i did this last time, this didn't happen. I tried to peel it off once it was on the cake and the image wouldn't "transfer" to the cake. I did follow the directions on the tutorial except I used a different recipe. I guess I'm off to try again with a new batch of buttercream. Thanks for your help!

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:57am
post #4 of 9

Unfortunately this happened one time to me too. The time that happened I ended up peeling what I could (which wasn't much). The black outline at least made it onto the cake, so I ended up re-drawing it using the outline. It ended up looking ok, but I had some tense moments trying to get it all finished! I'll try to attach a picture of the end results.

Sorry this is happening to you now. I really don't know why mine happened at that time. I use the same recipe every time. Debbie's is a good crusting BC, so it shouldn't be the issue.

mommakabob Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 4:46am
post #5 of 9

Thank you cookie_fun! Ive tried to make another one with a different recipe and I'm going to bed with the hopes that tomorrow will be abetter day and it will work! We shall see

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 5:13am
post #6 of 9

I HATE waxed paper! When I do FBCT's, I always tape my image onto a cake board (cardboard) or an upside down cookie sheet , then cover the image with plastic wrap instead of waxed paper. The image is easier to see, and the plastic wrap doesn't 'hold on' to the buttercream like the waxed paper seems to do. I too learned the hard way. Never again. Plastic wrap rocks!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 7:41am
post #7 of 9

agree! no wax paper for me

mommakabob Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 10:16pm
post #8 of 9

Oh, thanks for the info!! I ended up doing the whole thing over again which was frustrating and when i took it out of the freezer this morning some of it had cracked on the way to the cake. I ended up charging sooo much less for the cake which was annoying because of all the work I put into it, but I guess that's how you learn. It was only my third time doing fbct and there was way too much detail for my expertise! Oh, I guess i need to practice some more! I will definitely try the plastic wrap next time!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 11:25pm
post #9 of 9

I've almost always use wax paper for these and an all crisco icing.

My thought is that your transfer was too thin which causes them to thaw even faster. Also I have had issue if my icing is too thin. I've had better lucky with a thin medium.

If you have one that sticks again I'm try sticking the whole cake in the freezer and let it harden back up then peel it off.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%