cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 13

Hi how do I make a rotating cake stand? Just the base needs to rotate.. TIA

12 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 13

Ooh... I really don't know how but have wanted one for years and not been able to find one. I know you will need to find a motor and I think mount a base of some sort.

Anybody???

cakesmade4u Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 13

i seen one on line 30.00 not sure how much weight it will hold maybe a hobby store for airplanes, model cars something... i'll post if I find something.. Anyone els? icon_rolleyes.gif

nicki9774 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicki9774 Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 13

try a rotating tree stand or get one of the circle turntables for your microwave that works too.

Karen337 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen337 Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 13

Do you mean one that rotates by itself?

cakesmade4u Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 12:49am
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen337

Do you mean one that rotates by itself?

Yes... a battery one or (plug in?) The tree stand maybe something ??
how would the microwave thing work?

Karen337 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen337 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 1:47am
post #7 of 13

I think "electric turntables" is what you are looking for. A Google search will turn up some unrelated results like record players, but you will see examples of what you are looking for. You can also search "electric cake turntable".

They're pretty expensive.

Seems like someone clever could jerry-rig something cheaper.

nicki9774 Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 10:39pm
post #8 of 13

I was looking for a way to turn a cake during a competition and was try to find a way to move it. My grandma had one in her microwave and my suggested it. It's been a few years since I researched the idea, but it was like a wind up type thing and needed no electricity. I did see at the competition a turntable with this magnet that as long as the magnet was connected to it, it would rotate, but I've never seen another like it. Really, liked the idea. They owned a bakery in Belvidere, IL named Costa Confections. Maybe see where she got it from.

cakesmade4u Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:10am
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki9774

I was looking for a way to turn a cake during a competition and was try to find a way to move it. My grandma had one in her microwave and my suggested it. It's been a few years since I researched the idea, but it was like a wind up type thing and needed no electricity. I did see at the competition a turntable with this magnet that as long as the magnet was connected to it, it would rotate, but I've never seen another like it. Really, liked the idea. They owned a bakery in Belvidere, IL named Costa Confections. Maybe see where she got it from.

So you would have to take the pieces out of the micowave?? How would this work? I'm ready to tear mine apart... icon_eek.gif

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 4:31am
post #10 of 13

So you would have to take the pieces out of the micowave?? How would this work? I'm ready to tear mine apart... icon_eek.gif[/quote]

No, I think what they are talking about is a turntable made for a microwave...they were popular before when micro's didn't just come with a turntable built in. I have one I bought 15 yrs ago. It's an accessory. I actually used mine for a barbie cake I made back then, lol. Wow, that was my first decorated cake. It turns ok, but makes noise-from being wound up.

nicki9774 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 7:01pm
post #11 of 13

Look online for microwave turntables. I can't remember the brand name. I don't remember them making noise. I was a kid then, but it works. Thanks for helping with the explanation.

kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridgett22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridgett22 Posted 28 Sep 2010 , 12:02am
post #13 of 13

Pastrychef.com has a Karousel Electric Cake Turntable both battery operated and electric operation. Battery powered is 119 elertical is 154. I hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%