Help With Covering A Cake Board With Fondant Please.

Decorating By SweetsbyLadawn Updated 17 Sep 2010 , 3:21pm by Texas_Rose

SweetsbyLadawn Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 2

I have 3 10" cake circles. I was going to tape them together cover them with wax paper (so i wouldnt waste my foil paper). Then i had planned to roll out the fondant, cover the 3 brds that are now one. With a pizza cutter cut the fondant at the base (or can i just cut out a circle for the top). I have ribbon. I had planned to wrap the ribbon and pin it. (do i use royal icing?) I have my 8 " cakes on an 8" cake circle and was going to cover it with fondant trim the bottom and place it on the fondant covered circles.

Am I on the right track? Any help or suggestion greatly appreciated.

1 reply
Texas_Rose Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 2

I would glue the boards together. You don't need to cover them with foil or wax paper. I think wax paper might keep the fondant from sticking.

I put a ball of fondant in the middle of the board and roll it out until it covers the board. Most other people roll the fondant out first, then transfer it to the board, but my method is easiest for me, and I don't have to use piping gel or anything else to glue the fondant down.

I glue the ribbon around the edge of the board with tacky glue. Pinning it should work too, and some people use double-sticky tape.

Quote by @%username% on %date%