Orange Cupcakes

Baking By Eva2 Updated 21 Sep 2010 , 12:27am by mrsclaus1

Eva2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eva2 Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 2:20am
post #1 of 5

I just made orange cupcakes, I filled them with a cheese and whip cream filling and frosted them with an orange flavor buttercream. The filling and the frosting were very good. I got mixed reviews on the cake itself. I myself and some of my other tasters thought that they were moist enough, alittle dry but not to bad ( they have to be kept in the fridg because of the filling, I think that might dry them out a bit). Some of the other tasters thought that they were to dry. We all thought that the cake itself needed more orange taste ( I had used 2TBLS of orange zest for the flavor). If I added oj into the mix I was thinking that maybe it would give it more flavor, and if so I think I would have to add more dry ingred. so my batter would not be so thin. Also maybe if I added a package of pudding mix, would this make it more moist. Thank you for any input on this, Eva

4 replies
luvlaugh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvlaugh Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 2:33am
post #2 of 5

maybe if you used oj to replace the liquid and 1 tbls of orange zest it would make the cake more moist and keep the orange flavor. The pudding might work too but then i don't think the oj should be added. personally i would try the oj first and then if that doesn't work go for the pudding. Hope this helps. The cupcakes sound really good. icon_biggrin.gif

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 5

Definitely putting them in the fridge will dry them out. Maybe if you didn't put in the filling until just before you serve them? Or at least an hour I think would be okay.

You can try an orange extract for more flavor.

MAMAWOF4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MAMAWOF4 Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 5

I also just made some orange cupcakes. Filled them with a mixture of vanilla pudding/milk and cool whip. I used orange extract to give mine the flavor. Same as I did for my orange bc. Mine are still moist a week later.

mrsclaus1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsclaus1 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:27am
post #5 of 5

I make an orange cupcake but I use the zest and juice of 2 large oranges. The fresh squeezed juice really give it a better taste than canned juice. I add it in addition to the regular water used in the mix.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%