Epson Nx410 Problems

Decorating By 1cakedaddy1 Updated 17 Sep 2010 , 2:17pm by icingimages

1cakedaddy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1cakedaddy1 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 8:22pm
post #1 of 2

Can anyone offer some solid advice on what to do with my edible image printer? Is there a website that gives troubleshooting tips? We've had the printer since May and this is our first problem. We print about 5 to 6 images a week on it. It recently started leaving streaks on the frosting sheets. Doing a head cleaning procedure about 5 times didn't help. It also is grabbing and chewing up the frosting sheets. The person I purchased it from ( a solid seller on ebay) doesn't offer any advice and says to call Epson. Epson says seeing how it's modified, they can't offer assistance. It also has begun a streak of not recognizing the ink cartridges. Ugh!

Input is greatly appreciated!

thanks,

CakeDaddy

1 reply
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 2:17pm
post #2 of 2

While we are not a big fan of Epsons since you cant pull the printhead out and clean it, I will need more info to help you. First, which way are the streaks going? Left to right or up and down the page. Can you post a picture of it?
I am going to guess there is probably something stuck in the printer which is causing the streaks and the grabbing problems. As for the non recognition of the cartridge, That usually can be overcome when if you follow the instructions for replacing the cartridges. Since you wont be replacing them, just take the cartridge out and put it back in. I look forward to hearing back to see if we can help you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%