Help...i Need Olive Green Icing

Decorating By ktbug Updated 18 Sep 2010 , 12:54am by hollyml

ktbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ktbug Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:37pm
post #1 of 7

I am trying to get an olive green icing color. So far I have mixed mint green, kelly green, and forest green and I can't get it! Right now it looks like almost an avocado...I need help...ASAP! icon_cry.gif

Thanks

6 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 7

Add a tiny bit of yellow. Experiment with a little of your avocado colored icing, rather than contaminating the whole batch.

KS421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KS421 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 7

This might not help since you are already coloring the frosting but Wilton has a color called Juniper green that is close to olive.

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 7

Yes, add a little yellow and a little brown.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 7

Americolor "Avacado" green with a dab of Wilton "Juniper" green make the perfect olive green!

pursuing_perfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pursuing_perfection Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 11:29pm
post #6 of 7

I like the Wilton Juniper green myself. However, I would add a touch of brown to the "avocado" mix if you don't want it to go to waste. If it needs a hint of yellow as well, you would probably have to add a fair bit of color to be noticed.

Let us know how you achieve your perfect olive color!

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 12:54am
post #7 of 7

If you add plain green coloring to chocolate frosting, you get olive. At least, that's how I've always done olive green. icon_smile.gif

If you're starting with white frosting, therefore, I think you'd mix green and brown, or green and a smidge of red (because red and green mixed tends to come out brown).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%