Polar Express

Decorating By MammaG Updated 18 Sep 2010 , 10:14am by Caths_Cakes

MammaG Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 10

It's not until Dec, but I'm doing a Polar Express birthday party for my son. We won't have too many people there (Maybe 10-20). I have no ideas, and there are very few in the gallery here.

I'm looking for any creative ideas. I'm up for making a cake or cupcakes. Our whole party is based on the movie, and they are going to watch the movie. I've thought about incorporating a bell, but I think he really wants a train. He will be turning 5. I also want to take in consideration that black icing means black mouths. icon_surprised.gif)

thanks so much for any creative ideas.

9 replies
Caths_Cakes Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 5:48pm
post #2 of 10

I say go for the train, if you think you can pull it off, that would be SOOO awesome, but also big parts of the movie are the bell, the elves, The present wrapped in red and green i think it was icon_smile.gif for me , personally the music plays a big part, but i think for a 5 year old it wont be that important icon_smile.gif sounds fab cant wait to see pics icon_smile.gif

dinascakes Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 10

There is a scene in the movie where the train is going up and around a mountain, maybe you could do a snow capped mountain with a train going around it. Maybe incorporate some "presents" at the bottom and have one that's open with the bell inside. Good luck!

Alery Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 10

You could make a round cake and on top put the xmas tree with the train going around it.

sweetooth0510 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 10

What about the main cake being the wrapped present and then have a fondant/gumpaste train going around the base?

deMuralist Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:00pm
post #6 of 10

for the train you could do twinkie sized/shaped cupcakes-I like the idea of it going around the mountain.

MammaG Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 2:48pm
post #7 of 10

Oh you all have great ideas! I thought of the mountain, but I think that would need to be a larger cake. i think I might take a little of all of your ideas basing it on sweetooth's. I love this! I could make the present look like the one at the end (as suggested above), and the train around it with maybe a bell sitting on top or something. Oh my gears are moving now!

Originally Posted by sweetooth0510

What about the main cake being the wrapped present and then have a fondant/gumpaste train going around the base?

luv_to_decorate Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 5:26pm
post #8 of 10

Going with the mountain cake idea. You could use the wonder mold pan and carve it for the mountain. It kinda has a mountin shape.

bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 5:42pm
post #9 of 10

I have a bunch of Polar Express cookies I did and I took elements from the movie. A train, a large tree, elf boots, presents, cup of hot chocolate, things like that. If you think about the Polar Express and what comes to mind, what elements do you think of? Use that answer to base your ideas on. Hope that helps! icon_biggrin.gif

Caths_Cakes Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 10:14am
post #10 of 10

i love love love all these ideas . . I want it to be december NOW the polar express is my faaaaave movie christmas or not hahaha!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%