Looking For Jungle Themed Cookie Cutters

Baking By fortheloveofsweets Updated 17 Sep 2010 , 11:32pm by fortheloveofsweets

fortheloveofsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fortheloveofsweets Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 4:30pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone. I'm making my cousins baby shower cake and want to make some cookies and take home gifts. I'm looking for possibly a lion, elephant and monkey. I found some online but they all seem to be the side view of the animals and i'd really like cookie cutters that are shaped like the animals faces.
Thanks in advance if you know where I might find any!

6 replies
Amylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amylou Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 7

I haven't found any jungle animal face cutters except for a monkey. The ecrandal site has it I know for sure.

You really don't need specific animal cutters to do those faces though. For the monkey, take a large circle, and a very small circle cut in half (maybe like the big end of an icing tip). Lay out your big circle dough and on either side of it each half of the smaller circles for the monkey's ears.

For the elephant, I would use a heart cutter, and then with a knife just cut the bottom shape. I can't get pics to upload but here is a shape that might work with the heart:

For the lion, use some flower type of a cutter, like a sunflower. The outer petals would be the mane, and you could decorate the lion's face inside.

Image [/img]

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 8:41pm
post #3 of 7

I've seen this Wilton set at Michael's with a lion, monkey and elephant face:

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=210046C3-1E0B-C910-EAD6900BBF75D5AD&killnav=1

The price is right, too!

fortheloveofsweets Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy58

I've seen this Wilton set at Michael's with a lion, monkey and elephant face:

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=210046C3-1E0B-C910-EAD6900BBF75D5AD&killnav=1

The price is right, too!

Wonderful! I'll check Michaels tomorrow!

fortheloveofsweets Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 9:22pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amylou

I haven't found any jungle animal face cutters except for a monkey. The ecrandal site has it I know for sure.

You really don't need specific animal cutters to do those faces though. For the monkey, take a large circle, and a very small circle cut in half (maybe like the big end of an icing tip). Lay out your big circle dough and on either side of it each half of the smaller circles for the monkey's ears.

For the elephant, I would use a heart cutter, and then with a knife just cut the bottom shape. I can't get pics to upload but here is a shape that might work with the heart:

For the lion, use some flower type of a cutter, like a sunflower. The outer petals would be the mane, and you could decorate the lion's face inside.

Image [/img]

Very Cool! If i cant get the cookie cutters from wilton. Ill definitely take your options into consideration!

OneCreativeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OneCreativeCookie Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 9:53pm
post #6 of 7

Also, I bought tons of animals from Sur La Table. They always have cutters for just $1! Fast shipping if you aren't local to a SLT store icon_smile.gif Only trouble is that is is sometimes hard to tell how big the cutters are. Some come and are huge (Grizzly bear!) and some are quite small (elephant). Rhino was super cute and about 3 1/2". Good luck!

fortheloveofsweets Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 11:32pm
post #7 of 7

Found the cookie cutters at Michaels today! They were 4.00 but so worth it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%