Halloween Baby Shower?

Decorating By teacheramanda Updated 25 Sep 2010 , 3:51pm by cakesuzette

teacheramanda Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 16

Help!! I need to make cupcakes for a halloween baby shower on Oct. 30th. They have left it up to me as far as what to do... I have no idea! What goes with Halloween and a baby shower? It's for a boy if that helps? Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated! icon_smile.gif Thank you thank you!

15 replies
Minstrelmiss Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 8:06pm
post #2 of 16

What about focusing on him being a "Little Pumpkin"?

Minstrelmiss Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 16

Congratulations to the mummy to be...

jlynnw Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 16

Oh how fun. You can do ANYTHING! Little trains that carry pumpkins and corn. Scarecrows with a child like image. Halloween invites you to be who/whatever your imagination comes up with. If it were a girl, a mask with swirls and glitter. Maybe a tier cake with a baby in a pumpkin patch (instead of the cabbage patch) with fall leaves?

divinecc Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 16

Boo-tiful Baby

Paige_Pittman86 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 8:54pm
post #6 of 16

My baby shower was a Halloween one my grandmother and mom had a kick out of it with orange and black balloons Halloween candy and a cake with the black cat that said congrats little spooky
But I love the little pumpkin idea how cute

jlynnw Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 9:04pm
post #7 of 16

I am seeing the top as a little pumpkin patch, with a pumpkin bassinet, vines and leaves going from green from the center to the red, gold, yellow, orange tothe edge. A little milk chocolate brown border. Orange sides. White rosette border with the candy corn inbetween with brown m&m centers. Set the cake on a glass bowl full of bright colored Halloween candies (m&ms or reeses pieces) I have a small round glass candle floater dish I got at Michaels that I used with flower petals for a mother's day cake.

SwtCanuck Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 9:29pm
post #8 of 16

I made a cake and cupcakes for my SIL October shower. I made a bundt cake and covered it to look like a pumpkin with a baby doll poking out of the top of it and little cupcakes all around with leaves and pumpkins. It was very cute!

imagenthatnj Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 9:54pm
post #9 of 16

You could do little one-eyed green monsters, and colorful spiders...to give it some extra color besides the orange and black. Lime green breaks the common orange/black combination.

Kind of like these colors:

http://tomkatstudio.blogspot.com/2010/09/halloween-new-printable-happy-halloween.html
http://tomkatstudio.blogspot.com/2009/10/tomkat-halloween-party-circle-winners.html
http://www.hostessblog.com/

jlynnw Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 10:08pm
post #10 of 16

Love it, welcomming a new little monster! This cake is so much fun!

angelwings1 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 3:42am
post #11 of 16

Maybe a mixture of cute little baby ghosts, witches, monsters etc.?

teacheramanda Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 8:28pm
post #12 of 16

Thanks for the great ideas keep them coming! I love all the cake ideas I am still a little stumped for toppers for the cupcakes. I will for sure do some with little pumpkins... if anyone has any pictures or other ideas please share!!

sillywabbitz Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 8:42pm
post #13 of 16

I just took a figures class and she said for Halloween she put masks and capes on little bears... Very cute ... You could do one main figure then accents like pumpkins etc...cute baby shower idea.

imagenthatnj Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 4:47pm
post #14 of 16

Did you see this? Maybe you can take some of this as an idea

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1811112

vkat Posted 24 Sep 2010 , 4:58pm
post #15 of 16

I am doing the same, baby shower/Halloween cake for the 24th. I was also given free reign. I was thinking of matching to the invites, doing the baby items but in Halloween colors. Good Luck!

cakesuzette Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 3:51pm
post #16 of 16

I once made a sweet pea baby shower cake. It was a pea-green fondant fashioned into a pea pod with a baby's head peaking out. You can do similar with a pumpkin, baby's head, then the top of pumpkin with stem on top of the head.
Sounds like a fun shower!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%