Cupcake Bouquets (Uk)

Baking By Cocobongo Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 4:05pm by Cocobongo

Cocobongo Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone

This is my 1st post but I've been avidly reading all of the forums and looking at everyones amazing cakes.

I'm a UK cake maker but thinking of adding cupcake bouquets to my services. I kind of get how to make them, but what I don't really know is how people send them. I'm in the UK so if anyone can she any light on how they package them and how they send them (couriers/Royal Mail) it would be greatly appreciated as I just have visions of them getting thrown around and arriving in a big mess.

One other question, are toothpicks the way to go or should I be using lolly sticks or dowling rods? Any help at all would be great.

Many thanks icon_smile.gif

2 replies
julzs71 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 3

They deliver them in cars, not mailed. I think the toothpick and lollipop sticks alone don't work well. I did do them twice. The first time they slid all over the sicks. Second time I used skewers and put a piece of candy on the stick and it worked better. It was just a hassel, so I decided this was one of the things I just didn't want to do again.

Cocobongo Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 4:05pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the reply. That's a good idea about putting something underneath the cake to stop it slipping. I've seen some websites and they do use couriers. Perhaps I'll need to call some courier companies and see what they say icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%