This Is A New Scenario For Me...

Business By cakesdivine Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 2:26pm by KHalstead

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 2:47pm
post #1 of 5

In all the years I have been doing this a new issue that has arisen has me stumped.

A couple called me 2 weeks ago to do their wedding cake for this weekend. It was a small 3 tier 6/8/10 square very basic so I said no problem. They signed the contract and paid in full. Only problem was they still hadn't booked a venue for the wedding and told me they would get back with me when that was secured, and as they walked out my door they were heading to a venue to look at.

Fast forward to today...It is the WEDNESDAY BEFORE their wedding! I have called and left messages, I have emailed, and still I have NO response as to what location I am needing to deliver this cake!

I will say that this bride is very absent minded. When she arrived she informed me that she left her purse at a Jack in the Box in Houston as they were passing through (they live in Lake Charles, LA), then about 10 minutes after they left I realized she left her phone on my counter! icon_eek.gif We waited for 3 hours on a Saturday that I had totally free (first in forever) for her to come get the phone. Finally, we just had to meet them down the road so we could go out that evening.

Guess I will get a call the day of the wedding telling me where to take the cake...let's hope it doesn't go that far, but I have a feeling, it will. icon_confused.gif

4 replies
hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 5

Isn't that something!?! Hopefully she remembers...oh yeah...I gotta tell all my vendors.

How about FACEBOOKing her? I had to do that to a bride that never responded when I tried checking with her about her colors (she failed to mail swatches eventhough she kept saying she was going to do it. auugghh!) She responded really quickly that way...many times these brides have their facebook pages linked to their phones so they get it quickly.
Maybe even let her know that you need to hear from her bout her venue location otherwise you will still complete the cake but it will have to be picked up since you aren't sure where to deliver? Maybe that would light a fire under her.

Good luck!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 5

I finally got in touch with someone! Had to go about it crazy though. Did a whitepages search on the groom's name because hers didn't produce anything. The address matched the address I had so I called the number. It was the groom's dad who filled me in on the venue information! Whew! She called me back AFTER her future FIL called her at her job. CRAZY! So glad that problem was resolved. icon_smile.gif Didn't know I would have to become Sherlock Holmes over a cake order...LOL! detective.gif

hsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hsmomma Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 5

How crazy! At least you were resourceful about it and had it solved before delivery day!!!
Have fun...I hope it's not far away.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 2:26pm
post #5 of 5

I got one even better for ya..........recently had a bride tell me her reception was at the Community Center and gave me the address and phone number etc. went to deliver and doors are locked, nobody around. Waited 45 minutes and then went to the Human Resources Center across town thinking..maybe...just maybe she messed up. YEP...that's where her wedding was!!! I have no clue if she even realizes she made the mistake to this day!!! Messed up my whole day, I literally walked out after setting up as the bride/groom were walking in!

For whatever reason, brides are so nonchalant about things like that........but I guarantee if they couldn't get ahold of us they'd freak out and think we've run off with their money!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%