Need Ideas For A Cricut Demonstration

Decorating By tmac670 Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 1:14am by Cake_Bliss

tmac670 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 4

My boss has asked me to do a cricut cake demonstration for a big craft fair. I will be demonstrating the product for over 200 people (OMG). I have not used the machine more than a few times- but with fairly good success, thanks to the suggestions here on CC.

My question is can some one give me ideas for cake designs that will be impressive, but easy to achieve? Nothing too complicated. I can only imagine standing in front of 200 people and not being able to get the stupid thing to work!

I am not sure how much time I have at this point, but I imagine 20 minutes or so. Design has always been my biggest challenge in decorating and I really don't want to mess this up.

3 replies
Cake_Bliss Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 4

Good luck!!! I would be a nervous wreckicon_wink.gif I did a practice cake when I first got mine and did some scrolling like design on the side of the cake. It was just for fun but it made the cake look pretty cool. It is the tealish one in my pics. I know using the gumpaste can be tempermantal, have you tried the icing sheets? Maybe that would be easier in front of a crowd. I haven't used them yet though so not sureicon_smile.gif

tmac670 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 4

Bliss, that is a great one. Mind if I copy it?
I am not so worried about the demonstration part-- I have been doing demos since middle school 4-H. I just want a design that I can cut out with as little frustration as possible. The ultimate goal of the demo is to drive sales of the machine- so while I plan on being honest regarding the 'learning curve'- I want my project to be successful and stunning.

Cake_Bliss Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:14am
post #4 of 4

Not at allicon_smile.gif Good luck and be sure to add a pic here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%