Where To Write Message?

Decorating By kger Updated 15 Sep 2010 , 5:24pm by kger

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 11:39am
post #1 of 8

As of this moment, I'm planning a 3d pooh cake and some honey bee cupcakes for my SIL's baby shower. She is Russian, so I'd like to write "Welcome Baby Girl" in Russian, but I'm trying to figure out how I should do that.

Any ideas apart from a plaque or putting it on the cake board/stand?

7 replies
SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 11:57am
post #2 of 8

Maybe Pooh could be holding a little gumpaste flag?

kger Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 12:05pm
post #3 of 8

How would I write the message? Should I get one of those edible pens? Or would I pipe it with a #1?

AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 8

it would be real cute on a honey pot if your gonna have one icon_smile.gif. edible marker or tip1 should be fine whichever your more comfortable with

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 12:12pm
post #5 of 8

Pooh could be holding a gift with a tag with the message on it.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 12:31pm
post #6 of 8

I like writing on the cake board. I'm not a good writer and it's easier for me to fix the board that the cake. I also think pooh holding a banner is cute.

Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 12:52pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCreation

it would be real cute on a honey pot if your gonna have one icon_smile.gif. edible marker or tip1 should be fine whichever your more comfortable with

Really cute ideaespecially if you print some of the letters backwards on the "Huney" pot. (although I don't think I'd misspell any of the words on purpose since it's Russian... people might not "get it" and assume it was a mistake!)

kger Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 5:24pm
post #8 of 8

I couldn't find the marker at Michael's, but one of my non-caking friends suggested just printing it out on a little piece of paper and fixing it to a toothpick or something.

DUH! Why didn't I think of that? My mind always thinks of everything having to be edible sugarart.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%