Recipe For Wasc Using Spice Cake To Make Carrot Cake???

Baking By cocobean Updated 15 Sep 2010 , 4:14pm by mdmitchell

cocobean Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 4:24am
post #1 of 5

Has anyone made a carrot cake using the wasc method and a spice cake mix?? I want to make a semi homemade carrot cake. Thanks!

4 replies
Corrie76 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 4:41am
post #2 of 5

Well, try it and let us know!!! if it doesn't work out try a carrot cake recipe from the Colorado Cache Cookbook....(i'm sure it's gotta be online somewhere) It's called Cover Mountain Carrot Cake....THE. BEST. EVER. the only thing I do different is line bottom with parchment, grease and flour the pan (the recipe instructs to grease and sugar the pan, but it's intended to stay in the pan i guess)
Good luck!
PS. i decided to not be lazy, and found the recipe and copied for you here:
Cover Mountain Carrot Cake

1 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup of sugar
4 eggs, well beaten
3 cups of grated carrots
2 cups of unbleached flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of baking soda
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons of ground allspice
1 cup of chopped pecans
1 cup of raisins
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Cream oil and sugar. Add eggs and carrots, and mix well. Mix dry ingredients. Add flour mixture to carrot mixture, a small amount at a time, beating well. When blended add pecans, raisins and vanilla. Pour into a 10 x 14 inch greased and sugared pan and bake at 325ºF. for 1 hour. Cool slightly before frosting.

cocobean Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 4:52am
post #3 of 5

Thanks Madame, I'll have to try that if I can't find a tried and true semi-homemade.

cocobean Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 5

???

mdmitchell Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 5

I found a DH Carrot cake mix that I was thinking about using the wasc method on. I've been kind of scared....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%